Scooby-Doo Gang assembly

"Okay dude, why don't you go investigate instead of the-", Priscilla tried to cool the tension in the room.

"Statistically speaking, the only thing linking those murders is his mark," Cameron politely started. "It could also be different killers hiding their identities and so, using his motif as an escape route."

"You have a point," Candace thought out loud.

Priscilla and Samuel glanced at each other before speaking.

"Are we really acting like the Scooby-Doo gang now?", Priscilla gasped at her own words, "Maybe we should cosplay them for Halloween," she whistled turning to her girlfriend, "You'll be the Daphne to my Velma, aye?", to which the younger woman blushed, still nodding to approve.

"Then I'll be the handsome Fred-", Sam was cut off.

"I see you more like a Scooby or Shaggy though," Cameron smiled, throwing some gummies in his mouth.

The room was silent for a brief moment when the two women burst out laughing, the one with braids panting as she spoke, "I like this kid."

"Are you seriously going to do me like that?", Samuel was dejected.

"But what's wrong with cosplaying them? They're my favorite characters," Cameron stared at them confusedly, receiving stares back. He looked like a child who was clueless about the dirtiness of his parents' sexual jokes.

"You're adorable," Candace grinned. "Maybe we should adopt him."

"Adopt me too-", Sam tried to joke around.

"Hell no. I'm putting you up for adoption even if you're not my son," Priscilla rolled her eyes.

The evening was spent with them joking around, talking about the upcoming festivals that would take place, coming up with ideas for their little Halloween plan, and of course, rambling about useless and irrelevant stuff under the influence of alcohol.

Candace was sat between Priscilla and Cameron now, since her girlfriend feared that she would fall asleep, thus not wanting her to be in an uncomfortable position. She was right about that, as the latter fell asleep at one am, though it was after the youngest man dozed off.

At 3 am, all four of them were asleep, the TV faintly playing, packages and cans all around the room, Samuel was sleeping vertically on his sofa, while his three guests shared the couch. Priscilla rested her head on her lover's head, while Candace leaned on her girlfriend's shoulder. Cameron was laying on the far right, his legs dangling on the couch's arm support as his head was placed on Candace's thighs, her fingers tangled in his hair.

He wasn't in this position by himself. Noticing his discomfort, the other three moved him from sitting to laying down, now upholding another information on him; Cameron Taylor was extremely light.

Samuel's eyes jolted open when he felt his phone vibrate, sloppily, he checked the time: 05:32.

Grunting, he read the name,

Zach

Zach Milton was a member of the Monarch Tigers, not a close friend of Samuel, maybe just a colleague.

"Hello?", Zach responded from the other line, "Brian already prepared your suit and mask. Today," he hung up.

"Geez, should've just sent a message instead of sounding so god damn impolite," Samuel rolled his eyes.

He held himself from falling into another slumber, noticing that his guests had slept over, he smiled to himself, through nearly screaming when he fell his head aching. He shut his eyes and tried to compose himself.

Naturally, a hangover was expected.

Their morning was far more different than their previous night. Candace woke up first, her head bumping into Priscilla's chin, as she woke up immediately. Cameron jumped upon hearing Sam scream, "You guys want coffee or tea? Mr. Seiko left me some green tea."

The couple freshened up, had a cup of tea both, and returned to Priscilla's ground, yearning for the comfort of a bed. The men were now both alone, Samuel going for a sugarless black coffee, while Cameron sipped on his milk coffee.

"What's your plan for today?", the older man asked.

Cameron lifted his head and stared into the other man's eyes, "Is it any of your business?"

"Weren't you nice to me yesterday? Why did you go back to being so cold-", Sam bit his tongue.

"How I am cold?", Cameron blinked. "What I do, that doesn't include your presence, will not affect your life, will it?"

"Perhaps it won't, but having a conversation is nice, don't you think?", our main character asked back.

"I suppose... But involving yourself too much to others might be dangerous.", the black-haired man spoke.

"What do you mean by that?", Samuel rose one eyebrow, not expecting the answer that came after.

"There are nasty people out there."