The 'Death Zone'

Following their 'victim', our characters were plunged in worry.

No phones, a flawed plan and confiscated weapons were all outcomes that were unexpected, and this counter attack played with their minds, unabling either of them to come up with an escape plan.

"A bit silent now aren't we?", Matthew snickered, opening the front door for all of them to get out of the house.

Earning glares from both Cameron and Olivia, he sighed, gesturing his head to two of his men, who proceeded to take the confiscated ropes and tie our characters hands behind their backs, creating yet another difficulty preventing them to escape.

Unlocking the driver's door of his car, a spruce blue C63 Sedan, Matthew made yet another signal that made his colleagues seize their victims by their arms, forcibly pushing them into the back of the car.

"Be a bit-" Olivia had the door shut to her face, "Gentle."

"Are you okay?", Cameron inquired, seated right next to her as he watched Matthew get in the driver's seat with another man occupying the passenger's.

"These ropes are killing me," Olive breathed out, smiling sweetly to our protagonist.

"Stop complaining and let me take you to somewhere fun," Matthew started the engine, glancing at his captives through the rear view mirror.

By now, it was four in the morning, and our characters had visible exhaustion on their faces, leaning against each other as the heat in the car seem to suffocate them despite the nearing presence of winter. They both watched the sky scrolled, stars racing each other as the moon seemed to follow them while the approaching tints of dusk seemed to emerge. It was quite strange that their captor didn't blindfold them, then again they had, in spite of that, no clue where they were headed.

"Now, now, don't fall asleep or you'll miss all the fun," Matthew's loud voice made all of them flinch, including the guy in the passenger seat.

We could jump out, but how do we open the window?

Do I break it with my head?

No, that wouldn't be safe for Olivia to go through.

Damn it.

Cameron didn't have a clue of what to do. Surely this can't be the end? He finally found people he could trust. He found love. He started to think about his lover; What would Samuel do in his place?

He chuckled, "He probably wouldn't get in this situation in the first place."

"I guess your reputation as Vixen is overestimated," the words that Samuel once spat at him resonated in his ears.

Perhaps he was right?

The light nudge of Olivia broke him out of his self-absorption. He gazed at the woman resting on his shoulder.

"Are you scared?", she whispered.

"I'm not. Are you?", he chuckled at her immediate shook.

"Stop flirting we're here," the man beside Matthew unbuckled his seatbelt and only then did our characters realize that the car had stopped.

They were both escorted to what seemed to be a forest and a conclusion was made; if they were to be buried, burned or just abandoned here, it would take a while for anyone to find their bodies.

Except this wasn't going to happen, since the determination of a mother and the perseverance of a killer isn't easy to subside.

Both tied to a tree, like those cliché action movies, Cameron and Olivia stared daggers at Matt who was discussing with his men that had arrived. He finished his speech and with nods from his workers, they dispersed, leaving the 'mastermind' alone with his victims.

He approached the mother of his son, although, personally, I wouldn't call such a thing, a father.

"Lay a finger and you're dead," Olivia muttered.

"You should consider our situations before making such threats, honey," Matthew replied, disgustingly amused, while he rose his hand to her nose.

"What are you-", Cameron watched while Olivia's struggles proved themselves to be useless, as their captor poured a liquid in her mouth that she forcefully swallowed, gagging at the sudden hydration.

"Shush now you should rest," Matthew hummed, untying her limp body seconds after. He lifted her unconscious body and carried her somewhere, ignoring the various slurs and threats that Cameron spat at him, his wrists, arms and ankles rubbing against the tight ropes as he desperately tried to get free from, bruising his limbs.

"Fuck," he grumbled.

He was now left alone in this foreign location, glancing around while his mind created possible scenarios that could be happening right now. Scenarios he hoped, wished and prayed wouldn't actually take place. He wouldn't forgive himself.

He couldn't forgive himself.

"You look like a ghost," Matthew walked back in, no Olivia in sight, "She's fine. Just sleeping."

Cameron's silence shocked him, but he decided he had to pause his train of jokes and teases for a while, and let this, slightly scared captive get a taste of his evilness.

"But can you trust me?", Matthew chuckled, stepping forward to whisper in Cameron's ear, "You are a man, aren't you?"

Gasping for air, our protagonist felt the burning pain in his stomach travel all the way to his throat; he wanted to scream but nothing came out. He panted, slowly lifting his head up to look at Matt, the latter already proud of the first blow he landed on his victim.

"We're just getting started."

...

Don't worry he won't be around for too long;
I hate him just like you all.