Quest for groceries

"Do you still don't know why and how that happened?", Samuel inquired while he opened his beer can, slumping his body deeper into the couch.

"I mean there wasn't anyone living on the third floor where the explosion occurred, so saying that it was a gas explosion is completely absurd," Brian Osborn replied, verifying the information on his laptop. "So it's either a mistake or a planned execution," he looked up from his screen, "And I'm more inclined to the second option."

"Do you have any information on who lived in the building?", Sam asked. "And are you sure it wasn't one of our men?"

"No one received an order like that plus two couples were occupying the grounds below. And-" Brian paused. "According to resources, a young man was supposed to move in today."

"Oh yes. He's now living above me," Samuel tilted his head when Brian widened his eyes. "You're creeping me out, dude."

"Is this the reason why all of this is here?", His boss pointed at the vast variety of firearms and cartridges resting on his dining table, brought by our main character.

"I was already talking about how I need to hide these from my landlord and the other renters, and now that I got a new one, I need to be extra cautious," Samuel spoke.

"I told you to move out already," His boss rolled his eyes at the ignorance of the other man.

Moving out was an absolute no on Samuel's part since he likes the neighborhood and the rent was pretty cheap.

"Anyways, what about that bastard again?", Sam changed the subject.

"Four people this week. Two were stabbed, one was poisoned and the fourth was shot. And as usual, his signature mark was left," He got up from his seat and walked towards the younger man, tilting his screen to reveal the neck of the victims, each one having a 'V' carved into their flesh.

Samuel sighed, "Any mission for today?"

"No. It's pretty hectic after that explosion and with the snowstorms approaching, our orders are slowly decreasing," the boss sighed.

"Then I'll go take a nap home," Sam sighed, stretching his way to the door.

"Again?"

Samuel arrived at Brian's at 12:34 when they were supposed to meet at 9. This was all due to the fact that Samuel got so engrossed in a documentary that, despite already being late, he fell asleep, not having a care in the world about the thirty missed calls and messages he received.

He yawned as he made his way back to his apartment. His hands were buried deep inside his pockets, eyes reflecting sloth and boredom when his phone suddenly started ringing. He retrieved the mobile and read the recipient's name.

Brian

"Come on man. I was at yours a few minutes ago. Do you miss me already? Your wife isn't going to be so happy about this-", Samuel was cut off.

"Just tell me if you don't want the commission-"

"Fine. Wait for me," Sam sighed, arriving back at his boss only a few minutes later.

"What do you mean killing B and protecting A?", the man furrowed his brows. "Do I need to remind you that I am a hitman and not a bodyguard?"

That order was indeed an unusual one.

On Thursday, which is two days from the current day, there will be a gathering at the Johnson's mansion. This event will help them promote their newest wine and also create new connections in their world of business.

The client, Mrs. Annie, wants a certain, Mr. Brutus, dead. Due to their past affair and how Mr. Brutus ruined her life, she took the opportunity of both of them invited to the same party to plot an execution for him. However, Mrs. Annie wasn't exactly a good partner to Mr. Brutus, so she requested security too, and that way, Samuel can easily pass under the pretext of being her bodyguard.