Lovely tenants

"As I said, let me go," Cameron hissed at Samuel.

The taller man was blocking the way so Cameron couldn't go up the stairs, his arms stretched out as he smiled playfully, resembling those scarecrow in horror movies.

"Samuel Thompson. I mean what I say," his tone was starting to sound more serious, not an ounce of joy in his voice.

"How did you get so aggressive in less than a day?", Samuel didn't budge as he raised an eyebrow.

The other man couldn't voice out his disagreement when Seiko walked outside of his flat. "Good afternoon young men. Sam, may I know why you're troubling our Cameron?"

"Hi, Mr. Hitani, I'm waiting for Mr. and Mrs. Hudson," the protagonist smiled. "This guy here hasn't met them yet."

"Oh. They left an hour ago to pick up Nathaniel," the old man informed.

Mr. Stephen and Mrs. Joanna Hudson were the occupants of the first floor, but also long known friends of Mr. Hitani. They often brought their three-year-old grandson, Nathaniel, over to their house.

"Speak of the devil," Seiko gestured his eyes at the entrance, where two lovers walked in, with a child holding the woman's hand. The man had short black hair with white roots, matching perfectly with his classical black pants, a blue flannel shirt toning with his ice-blue eyes, and some brown espadrilles. The woman was wearing an ombre purple empire dress with some white slips on, the color bringing out her chartreuse green eyes that were already adorned with mascara and some neutral eyeshadow.

The little boy, Nathaniel, had brown hair, like his grandmother, and honey-colored eyes. He was wearing blue overalls on a red long-sleeved shirt and matching baby booties.

"Hello, Nathan. How are you doing?", Seiko got down on one knee, smiling kindly at the boy who ran up to him.

"Good," the child replied, looking up to meet with Cameron's eyes, the man smiling at him in return.

Nathaniel didn't react, instead, he just looked away, his eyes reflecting the colors of the flowers to the left of Seiko's balcony.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry. He is a little shy," Joanna spoke. "Joanna," she nodded, "I'm assuming you're Cameron?"

"Yes. Nice to meet you," Cameron nodded.

"Nice to meet you too. I'm Stephen. And this little guy here is Nathaniel," Stephen nudged his grandson, "Say hello."

"Hello."

Samuel smirked, his hands now relaxed since Cameron wouldn't leave, "We found someone who is as blunt as you."

"He is a kid. Shut up," the other man rolled his eyes.

"Delightful. I hope you people didn't cook yet because we're all having dinner together," Stephen grinned, "A delicious fish curry with some flatbread."

Samuel glanced at Cameron. They both knew where this was going.

If they refused, those seniors would find a way to convince them, so the only choice they had was to accept without any excuses. They didn't have plans either since it was a calm Sunday evening; clubs were closed, friends would be spending time with their families, and almost all entertainment establishments were shut.

Samuel sighed. He thought he was one of a kind. Who knew a hitman would be affected by rent, bad cooking or even the conscience of old people.

Let alone being afraid of a spider.

Well, there's a lot of difference between reality and the games or movies which illustrates hitmen to be men with no limits whatsoever.

They were only human after all.