A Flaw in the Plan

Racing hearts, slow steps.

Troubled minds, victorious snickers.

It was a turn of events that neither Cameron nor Olivia had anticipated. Matthew knew they were here, and he wasn't alone. All the members in the room understood that it would only be a matter of seconds before they confronted each other.

"Come out now," Matthew's voice boomed across the room, crashing down the tension while replacing it with another when there were no response.

Cameron glanced at Olivia, who was unexpectedly calm. She turned to him and nodded, gesturing three fingers, notifying the hitman to stand up at the count of three. Furrowing his eyebrows, Cameron didn't have time to either object or question the unsophisticated plan, instead he jolted from the second warning from their victim.

"Both of you better get up if you don't want things to get dirty," the statement made Olivia roll her eyes before she lowered one finger down.

"I bet you're regretting your decision now," Cameron mouthed to her, none of them able to even let out a slight chuckle because of their tight situation.

"Shut up," she replied, lowering a second finger down.

The room was plunged in a disturbingly profound silence, where crickets could be heard chanting away in the late night. Our characters started to develop cramps, as their spine began to ache from their position and rising anxiety. The victim and his accomplices were at the door, eyes roaming around, calculating the possible hide-outs there, and so far they spotted three; behind the curtains, under the bed and inside the wardrobe.

Upon this realization, two of them nodded to each other, walking to the wardrobe and standing on either side of it. Another man took a step forward, making his way to the window, when he abruptly stopped upon a response.

"We're coming out right now, no need to be dramatic," Olivia announced, taking both Cameron and Matthew by surprise. She finally lowered her last finger, gesturing to her colleague of the night to stand up.

"My, my, what have we here?" Matthew smirked, "I wasn't expecting you my dear," he licked his lips, looking at his girlfriend up and down.

"I was," she glared at him, "Explain yourself."

"I should be the one saying that," he laughed, "I must say you have quite the guts to show up in our house with another man."

"This isn't my house," Olivia nonchalantly chuckled, "I didn't complain when you were fucking other women right in our fucking room," she spat, her anger burning away the remaining passion and consideration she had for her torturer.

While the 'lovers' glared daggers at each other, Cameron inspected the assailants that were a barrier to attack his victim. There were five men, all of them looking more or less similar, with pistols in their belts. He easily took down five men before, but they looked like they could actually fight without weapons, plus he also had to protect Olivia.

This is going to be a tough one.

"I'm very disappointed by the fact you'd choose a bitch boy over me," Matthew broke the tranquility, his glare shifting from the woman to the hitman.

"Yeah, the same bitch boy you were swooning over just two days ago," Cameron rose an eyebrow at the amused faces of everyone except Matthew, who appeared pissed, and embarrassed.

"I'm not taking any word from a f*gg*t," the victim gritted his teeth, sighing before he continued, "Are you not curious about how I planned way ahead of you?"

"I have no interest in knowing-" Olivia was interrupted.

"Even if I told you someone snitched?", Matthew chortled at the dropped face of the woman.

"Impossible. Nobody knows," Cameron reminded.

The 'victim' sighed, "I'm playing with you sweetie," he stared at Vixen, lifting his palm up, "You really thought I would believe that you'll let me live after I find your identity out?"

"Very manly of you to call others to protect you," our second protagonist smirked noticing the forming scar that he had left two days prior, "Scared of me?"

"You should be the scared ones," Matthew quickly replied, "I was interrogated by the police, it would be a blast if I tell them I remember every single detail no?"

"But I'm guessing you didn't because you want to have your revenge your way?", Cameron shook his head.

"More like he had no choice being a drug addict and all," Olivia added.

"You're both not so stupid afterall," Matthew chuckled, "But I'm afraid neither of you will be able to get out of this situation alive," he took a step forward, his knee touching the end of the bed.

"Try anything stupid and I'll finish what I had started," Cameron warned, keeping an intimidating face on while his loud mind was trying to find ways to get out.

"Aw now six versus two isn't really fair now is it," Matthew sarcastically pouted, "But I'm guessing that by now you know I am deceitful," he glanced at Olivia.

"This isn't something to be proud of," the woman flicked her tongue, averting her gaze before she stared at the man once again, "What do you want?"

"You'll both give us your phones and follow us like the good little bitches that you are," Matthew announced, making the other men laugh.

"What if we don't comply?", Cameron spoke.

With a nod of his head, Matthew's men all had their pistols cocked at our characters, safety off,

"It's not like you have a choice."

...

That was so awkward to write.

...

Not active these days but I appreciate those who are reading <3