A Cocktail for the Killer

Two hours were nearly over, all the while, the two hitmen were crouched, in different rooms, both behind a couch. It was a few minutes past midnight, and their victims hadn't shown up yet.

"I'm starting to get cramps," Sam whispered, communicating with his partner through an earpiece.

"Shut up and focus," Cameron grumbled. "Remember, there are high chances that they are drunk so it'll be easy, but act wisely if the strippers enter together."

"Did you already plan how to kill-" Samuel clenched his lips together when Joseph Camargo entered the room, staggering with a bottle in his hand while he typed on his phone. "Well, I guess it's time."

He quietly got up from his hiding spot, his victim's back facing him. Tiptoeing forward, he retrieved his knife from his back pocket, holding in his breath before he lastly slashed the man's throat. The man gurgled, blood pouring out of his throat and mouth, despairingly trying to breathe, his eyes indicated fear and his legs gave in, now a dying figure laying on the floor, like a fish out of water. His last breath was clearly hard and uncomfortable, a drop of tear escaping from his eyes.

To confirm that the human in front of him was a corpse, he checked his pulse, which wasn't present. He sent a message to tell Shanon to block all entrances to the room while he exited. "I'll be having a drink, keep me updated," Sam chuckled when he heard Cameron sighed.

"Punctuality is something neither of them has apparently," Vixen playing with his pistol, nearly jumping when he heard the door open, Gary Hansen walking into his doom.

"I'll treat you to a drink if you take less than five minutes," Sam teased while he sipped on his whiskey.

"Even if it's the most expensive cocktail?" Cameron replied, and at this exact time, he had the tip of his gun forcefully shoved inside of his victim's mouth, the man gagging on reflex, while he trembled.

"Yes sir," the main character smirked when he heard the click of a trigger and a muffled gunshot, sending a second message to the client to tell her that their job was done and that the rooms should remain closed.

"Alright mister, I'm coming for your bank account, where are you?", Vixen exited the room after carving his motif on the corpse.

"Right here," Sam waved at the assassin standing a few meters from him.

"I'll have a Cuba libre," Cameron ordered, smiling at the barman.

"Cams, a cola and rum cocktail isn't what I expected," the taller man chortled, ordering another glass of whiskey.

"Well," Cams thought for a while, "Sams, I can't drink that much," he admitted. "Just like I hate cigarettes."

Sams widened his eyes, "We're not going to get along."

"You know how much willpower I had when we first met? I felt the urge to slap that stick of unholiness out of your mouth," the shorter man complained.

"Stick of unholiness he says," Sam laughed with the barman. "But anyway, what's up with you?"

Cameron blinked, shrugging since he didn't understand what the man meant.

"You know, how you changed and became more direct after our first mission together," Samuel explained, before answering his own query with another question, "Is it because you found out we share the same occupation?"

The other man nodded, stirring his drink with his straw, "It's good to talk to someone without having to hide anything, makes me feel less guilty," he smiled sadly, watching the ice cubes melt slowly.

I like his smile but not when it's dejected.

Sam bit his lips, "Want me to tell you a secret?", he watched as Cameron stared at him hesitantly, sending a smirk right on the main character's face. "You have to promise not to tell anyone."

"Promised."

"Wait, no way," Cam's widened eyes took away that cold face he always made, "Does Candace know?"

"Yes, apparently Priscilla already told her," Samuel nodded, "I trust her."

"Does that mean I can tell her?", the younger man mumbled loud enough for Sam to hear, "But I don't want to drag them into danger."

"You didn't hesitate to tell me though," the older man rolled his eyes.

"That's because I couldn't give two fucks if you die."

And here I was trying to make him feel better.

Samuel started to feel blood on his tongue as he bit his lips out of anger, Vixen had left a few minutes ago, and now he was alone, sipping on his fifth whiskey.

"A tough cookie he is, ain't he?", the barman tried to start a conversation.

"Yeah, but I feel like he has softened a lot," the protagonist smirked, "Anyway, can I leave now?"

"Once the bodies are disposed of."

...

Chapter 10.
Part 17.
Thank you all so much for the love ^^