The Fox at the Top

The title is deceiving.
Cameron is, in fact, a bottom.

...

"You're saying I have to move again?", Cameron sighed loudly, sitting in his boss's office, Justin Russo staring into his soul at his desk, his wife standing just besides him, reading whatever document was in her hand, "But I can't do that," Vixen looked down in his palms.

Laura raised an eyebrow at him, "And why is that?"

"Does it have something to do with that guy you worked with before?", Justin sighed at the lack of reaction and answers Cameron provided him, "Talk to me," he chuckled, "You usually just follow orders, what's got you acting so shy for?"

"Well, Samuel," he breathed, "Is my boyfriend now," he hesitantly looked back up to face the two openly astonished adults, "Hello," Cam scrunched up his face, "Don't be so fucking dramatic."

"Cameron the situation itself is unbelievable," Laura gasped, "You don't even care to give strangers a glance how did you get a lover?", she let out a chortle at the shuffling young adult in front of her, "But everyone grows," she glanced down at her husband, elbowing him to continue the conversation and put a stop to the rising awkwardness.

"Yes," the Justin managed to speak, leaning his body forward on the table to look at Cameron closely, "Is he a good guy? Are you sure you weren't tricked into this? Are you being threatened -"

"By a blob-head like him? Nah," Cameron chuckled, "Look here, I'm not that stupid so don't worry," he sighed, "Plus he's the one who saved me from that Matthew guy, you should be grateful."

"I'll try," Justin laid back, "So he's the reason you can't move out? Why? Is he forcing you to-", he got jabbed once again, more violently by his wife, sending the message to shut up.

"Of course not," Cameron flicked his tongue, one eyebrow raised, "I'd prefer staying close to my lover?", he looked down once again when Laura smirked at his visible attachment to the man.

"Aww, I have to meet him," she giggled, "I have to see what's so special about that guy that's making our little Vixen act like this."

"Speaking of 'Vixen'," Cameron breathed, "Don't you think it's time to," he paused again, "Maybe kill myself?"

"Re-phrase that cause I know damn well I didn't just hear you say what I think you just said," Justin blinked.

"I meant extinguishing that character," Cameron spoke, "You know how I hate attention, plus it only brings problems," the apparent attention the two older adults showed him, proved that the point that he was raising was true, "I think we can put a full stop to that charade, I mean we're no longer irrelevant now?"

"Yeah, but how do we do that?", Justin brought a cigarette to his lips, passing the box to Cameron, gesturing for him to take one to which the young man politely declined.

"I'm going to make myself an espresso," Laura hummed, "Perhaps even a mocha," she chuckled when Cameron glanced at her, obviously hinting at the fact he wanted one too, "Could I offer you one, my dear Cameron?", she finally inquired, pausing by his side, awaiting his answer.

"Yeah-", he grinned, sentence cut short by his boss's voice.

"I will never understand your love for chocolate," Justin chuckled at his punch line before even voicing it out, "But when I look at your boyfriend, I get it-"

"Stop right there," Cameron bit his lips, staring at the man in front of him while the couple held back their laughter.

"Never thought I'd see the day you'd be," Justin wriggled his eyebrows, "Blushing," he hummed.

"Please," Cameron sighed, "Let's get back to business."

"Yes," Justin composed himself, a smile still plastered to his face as he watched his wife exit the room, when he suddenly remembered a detail he forgot to mention, "Brian told me South and North are at war," he nodded to himself, "And it seems they're only planning to stop when they've conquered one another."

"How has that happened?"

"Well, we were smart enough to come up with a strategy," Justin blew out smoke to the side, turning again to look at the man in front of him, "That was using the best man," he paused, "You, to create this mysterious persona as a sort of advertisement."

"That was mainly because we couldn't make a name for ourselves," Cameron added, "They're already recognised, why do they want more?"

"Greed and money," his boss sighed, "The way I'm seeing it, neither of them will survive."

"They definitely have the same man power," Cameron shrugged his shoulder, "But that matter doesn't help us into finding a way to kill me."

"Stop saying it in that way," Justin sighed, "What if you just carry on with your work without necessarily carving your victims?"

"It won't put a conclusion to it then. We'll still have interviews, articles or even frauds trying to goble the fame we accumulated," he paused.

"So you want to be the only star in this town, huh?"

"But I do have a suggestion," Cameron ignored the remark, staring at the ceiling as he leaned on his chair's header, "What if we use that excuse of the Northern and Southern clash as the weapon?"

"Go on."

"Like, "He was caught up wrong time wrong place," and then slash, dead," Cameron concluded.

"So we have to find a corpse with at least some resemblance to you," Justin pointed out, "There's a case for tonight, the victim is a woman in her thirties, should I instruct the guy to retrieve her body after the investigation?"

"Cause we can do that?", Cameron widened his eyes causing his boss to chuckle.

"Of course," he shook his head, "Based on the location, I can pretty much plan out who'll be in charge of the case and it's guranteed that the autoptician in charge will help."

"Wow," Cameron's eyes sparkled, even through all these months of slaughtering under this man's wing, the stuff Justin could do with not much effort amazed him, "We're quite lucky then."

"And a hot mocha for our boy in love," Laura walked in, a tray in her hands, carefully taking the white porcelaine cup and handing it to Cameron.

"Thank you," the younger man smiled.

"Cameron, have you read the article posted yesterday?", Justin raised another topic, his wife pulling a chair next to him as she sipped on her coffee.

"No?"

"I'm surprised," Justin, contradictory to his words, didn't look shocked.

"And why would you be?", Cameron blew on his drink, steam rising up to his face, warming him up a bit. As much as he loved work, he just wanted to bury his face in his pillow under several layers of blankets and a certain brunette.

"Well it's about your boyfriend."