Chapter 7: Last Day or Not

The morning announcement played and you got up and got ready. Knowing that the time limit expires tomorrow at nighttime you tried your best to ignore it. You then heard someone at your door and you opened the door to see Kokichi.
"Y/N Monokuma said some of  the Ultimate Research Labs are open! Isn't that exciting?!" Kokichi asked his eyes sparking as if they contained stars in them.
"Yeah that is super cool!" You beamed. 
"But I don't think ours aren't  ready yet so don't get too excited. But let's go walking around." Kokichi smiled.
You and Kokichi walked outside and saw Ryoma.
"Hey Ryoma!" You and Kokichi said.
"Y/N and Kokichi you guys are like always together." Ryoma commented.
"What no we're not!" You quickly defended.
"It's a good thing you can't protect yourself alone. But always remember you might lose the thing you tried to save the most with idealistic thoughts." Ryoma warned.
Something about that warning scared you but also you knew it was true.
"Thanks for the advice I'll keep it in the back of my mind." You nodded and walked away. 

"I wonder what that meant." Kokichi whispered.
"Me too but maybe it was nothing." You said trying to reassure him and also yourself. 
"I'm sure we will be fine at least until nighttime tomorrow comes." Kokichi commented.
"I rather not think about that." You sighed.
You and Kokichi saw Angie waving.
"Spending more time together I see." Angie smiled.
"Degenerate male stay away from Y/N!" Tenko yelled.
"I don't wanna." Kokichi grinned and grabbed your hand.
"Unhand her!" Tenko yelled walking over to you two.
"Neee hee hee no." Kokichi laughed.
"It's fine Tenko really." You reassured her.
"Well Y/N do you want to learn about Atua?" Angie asked.
"Umm not right now but maybe some other day." You lied.
"Or never." Kokichi mumbled.
"Alright the disbelievers always come around anyway." Angie preached.

You and Kokichi walked away and you stopped and looked at him.
"I'm not really feeling too well. Will you walk me to the rooms?" You asked.
"Of course Y/N." Kokichi said. "It probably has to do with the time limit expiring but it will be okay."

You eventually made it to the dorms and Kokichi waved to you and you waved back and you went to bed preparing that tomorrow might be your last day.

It was the next morning and you were prepared that today would be your last day once nighttime hits you were prepared for the worst. You got ready and you saw Shuichi and Kaede and overheard them talking about getting cameras from Miu. Not wanting to pay much attention to it you decided to go to the dining hall.   When you went inside the dining hall you saw Ryoma, Rantaro, Korekiyo and Kirumi.

"Perfect timing Y/N I don't know what to do Ryoma started to talk crazy." Rantaro said.
"All I was doing was making a suggestion." Ryoma sighed. "So that more people can survive even if it's just one more."
"If you're saying you want to sacrifice someone so the first blood perk will take effect that's not an option! We're going to find a way to stop what's coming!" You said trying to be encouraging.
"The only way to not get annihilated is to play this game Y/N." Ryoma sighed annoyed.
"I'm going to end this killing game Ryoma. I've already decided." Rantaro darkly stated.
"You're going to end the game how?" You asked.
"It's not about outfoxing everyone in this killing game it's about ending the game itself. That's the real goal." Rantaro stated.
"Can you even accomplish such a feat?" Korekiyo asked his eyes wide.
"I wouldn't be saying this if I didn't think I could." Rantaro shrugged.
"Don't get yourself killed alright?" You said in a concerned voice.
"I'll try not to Y/N." Rantaro smugly smirked.
    You walked outside of the dining hall not knowing what else to even say and you saw Gonta.
"Y/N is everything okay? Gonta saw Rantaro face looking scary." Gonta said.
"There was a fight." You admitted.
"A fight?! Where?!" Gonta yelled.
"It's okay Gonta I resolved it." You said calming him down.
"Phew Gonta was worried and Gonta really glad Y/N is not hurt." Gonta smiled.
"Thanks Gonta." You smiled. "How about you go eat breakfast with the people at the dining hall?"
"That's a great idea but Y/N no come too?" Gonta asked.
"No I have to look for someone." You answered.
"Oh Kokichi?" Gonta asked.
"Yes Kokichi." You admitted.
"Gonta noticed you and Kokichi are close." Gonta smiled.
"Yeah we are and I have to go find him so I'll see you soon." You smiled and waved goodbye.

Walking around and you saw Kokichi smile at you.
"Ah Y/N enjoying our last day?" Kokichi asked.
"Not really I'm more scared than anything." You admitted.
"Well at least we get to spend our last moments with the person we trust." Kokichi grinned.
"Oh really where's Shuichi?" You joked.
"WAHHHHHH Y/N is so mean!!!! She doesn't trust me!!" Kokichi cried balling his eyes out.
"It was a lie of course I trust you." You smiled.
"Yeah I know why else would you spend all your time with me." Kokichi grinned putting his hands behind his head.
"I guess let's just enjoy these moments at least till we can't." You softly said looking at the boy who you see as a friend. 
   Time slowly dwindled each passing minute your heart began to race even faster you didn't want it to end like this but how could it not unless Rantaro's plan actually worked.
"I'm glad you're here with me Kokichi." You softly said.
"I'm glad you're here too." Kokichi said with a soft smile. 
The time limit got closer and closer and you were preparing yourself you grabbed Kokichi's hand your heart pounding and anxiety getting to you. You heard an alarm indicating there's only one hour left.   But as quickly as the time limit came no one died.
"I need to find Kaede and Shuichi!" You exclaimed in a worried tone. You rushed around trying to search for them and  you went to the library and to your horror you saw Rantaro dead.