Chapter 9: First Class Trial

Your heart was pounding and you were a bit nervous but you knew this was mandatory and you were determined to make it out alive even if the murderer was a friend.
As you got into the trial room everyone found their podium you were in between Kokichi and Tenko and Monokuma gave a basic rundown of the rules and it was finally time to begin.
"So it's starting now." You breathed in.
"Ah haha oh man, I haven't been in a trial in like forever!" Kokichi laughed with a smile on his face.
"Oh so you have experience with trials...?" Tsumugi asked.
"Yeah since I'm a leader of evil and stuff. I've done a loooooot of bad things." Kokichi smirked.
"So what are we suppose to do? Where do we even start?" Kaito sighed rubbing his head.
"Gonta never done trial before not sure where to begin." Gonta sighed.
"First let's breathe in and breathe out! We need to remember our No no no's!" Tenko said in a commanding tone. "No pushibg no running no talking!"
"Well we need to talk to figure out who's the killer our lives are at stake." You reminded.
"Exactly communication is the foundation of any discussion." K1-B0 pointed out.
"We should not worry about our procedure especially since this is not a normal trial. Each of us will be serving as a potential culprit, lawyer, prosecutor and jury member. Let us proceed with that in mind shall we?" Kirumi asked.
"Then might I offer the first topic?" Korekiyo asked.
"Don't get ahead of us! Ya trying to start something?!" Miu yelled.
"C-calm down how about we listen first?" Kaede suggested trying to calm tensions.
"I'll begin the conversation then there's something I found curious why I wonder didn't the culprit take advantage of the first blood perk?" Korekiyo asked.
"I thought that was strange too!" Tsumugi agreed.
"I bet they just wanted to do a class trial real bad." Ryoma said.
"I wonder is it possible for the mastermind to kill Rantaro? Because Monokuma can't but it doesn't say anything about the mastermind." You pointed out.
"Mastermind wuzzat?" Monokuma asked playing dumb and the monokubs followed.
"Don't play dumb with me! Who's the mastermind controlling you guys!?" Kaede shouted.
"They wouldn't just give up the mastermind like that and if they are playing dumb asking them is a complete waste of precious time. Realistically it's one of us." You interjected.
"It's Kee-boy over here! Everyone else thinks so too!" Kokichi joked.
"Does everyone really think that?" K1-B0 asked sadly.
"Before we uncover the mastermind we must uncover the culprit." Korekiyo pointed out.
"Then we could start by determining the sequence of events?" Shuichi suggested. "Let's take a closer look at the circumstances of Rantaro's death."

Everyone agreed to and everyone began to review the incident and the class trial officially began and we all began to look for lies and contradictions. Just one wrong move and the killer could be found out. Everyone cleared up Rantaro wasn't the mastermind because he didn't have a card key and everyone began to think about the possibility that the mastermind knew about the trap.
"You yap about teamwork and all that but you still think one of us is the mastermind." Kokichi pointed out.
"Yes and I know that's a horrible thought but that's why I want to end all the terrible things happening to us! I'll defeat the mastermind and end this dumb killing game! I'll even use this class trial to do that!" Kaede asserted you could tell she was determined but something still felt off to you and how she's been reacting.
"Nee heehee wow looks like you're determined to face even a cold hard truth. Then here it comes the cold hard truth! I already figured out who killed Rantaro!"'Kokichi announced to the surprise of everyone including you.
"What!" Monokuma gasped.
"Why are you surprised?" Maki asked.
"Cuz if he's right that would make this the fastest class trial to date!" Monokuma replied.
"Kokichi! Are you serious about knowing who the culprit is?" Kaito asked.
"Yup! Soooo we all agree that the culprit knew about Kaede and Shuichi's trap right?" Kokichi confirmed.
"No duh! That's why they're not in any of the pictures! So who is it?!" Miu angrily asked.
"So whoever knew about the hidden cameras is the culprit." Kokichi said.
"So who the heck is it?!" Miu barked.
"It's you!" Kokichi said pointing at Miu.
"Moi?!?!" Miu exclaimed.
"Obviously whoever knew about the cameras knew about the blind spots that's why they aren't in any of the pictures!" Kokichi argued.
"You have a good point but let's not be too hasty and let's look at all the facts." You said and everyone began to debate again.