Chapter 24: Flashback Light

The world warped around you and your consciousness went white and in that whiteness a scene... a lost and a forgotten memory started to play. You looked and saw you and the other 16 student's picture  in what appeared to be a funeral.
"They were so young and talented how could this happen?" An unknown voice asked.
"It looked like an accident they were running away from that group." Another unknown voice answered.
"Was it really just an accident though? I honestly can't believe that." The first unknown voice replied.
The memory was open and as you regained consciousness you were pretty freaked out by it and by the looks on the faces of your classmates they were as well.
"Wh-why was I at my own funeral?" Shuichi asked.
"What!? A funeral you too Shuichi!?" Tsumugi gasped.
"It would appear we all remembered the same thing." Korekiyo said.
"But why do we? And why did we have a funeral we aren't dead we're alive!?" You exclaimed confused.
"Exactly what the heck does that mean!?" Miu yelled. "Why was I watching your guys' funeral!? A-and why was I there too!? Wh-what the heck is going on!? What was the funeral?"
"But the only thing I can remember is seeing the funeral nothing else." K1-B0 frowned.
"Maybe we already dead!?" Gonta suggested freaked out.
"That can't be true my heart is still beating I'm very much alive!" You argued.
"Ahahahahaha! No way! We're dead Y/'N's right." Kaito laughed. "Geez this is so stupid I couldn't help but laugh. I mean there's no way that was our memory of our funeral."
"So what do you think it was then?" You asked.
"It was probably a memory of our school festival or something." Kaito guessed.
"Umm didn't you see the pictures lined up it seemed like a funeral not a festival and last time I checked I met you guys at this school when we first arrived not before." You pointed out.
"Come on Y/N if the funeral was real there's no way we'd still be alive!" Kaito yelled.
"Nyeeeeh that's true." Himiko said.
"Just like Y/N said if we're from different high schools why would we have a school festival together?" Tenko asked.
"Th-Thats... we'll probably remember something else about it later." Kaito stuttered not knowing what to say. "Anyway there's no way that funeral was real! There's no mistaking it!"
"You're right if we think about it logically that's clearly out of the question." K1-B0 analyzed.
"Okay good Gonta think everyone was already dead." Gonta smiled in relief scratching his head.
"Stop saying stupid stuff look at me I'm alive!" Kaito proudly grinned.
"Awww man what a disappointment." Kokichi sighed.
"Disappointment?" Shuichi asked.
"The flashback light was a let down." Himiko said. "We didn't find out anything about the Ultimate Hunt just some weird memory."
"Yeah seriously talk about a disappointment." Kaito agreed.
"No I'm not talking about the memory I'm talking about you guys." Kokichi stated.
"Huh?" You and Shuichi asked.
"Oh no! It's nothing! I'm just lying again so don't worry about it!" Kokichi grinned.

After everything you ate a meal in the dining hall but you kept thinking about the memory and what it meant. But you couldn't figure out what it actually meant. It felt unsolvable.
"Y/N don't try solving that unsolvable mystery we have free time today so let's go out and clear our heads." Kokichi grinned ear to ear and held out his hand.
"I guess that wouldn't be so bad sure let's go do something and enjoy the free time." You smiled and took his hand. You went to the dorms first and you saw Maki's dorm and frowned.
"Y/N don't feel bad for miss killer she said she wished it was you instead of Kaede we can't trust her." Kokichi reminded.
You looked at him and nodded agreeing with your purple haired boyfriend. "Yeah you're absolutely right."
"I know." He cockily said.

As you continued you saw Miu and she waved.
"Y/N you sure you don't have something you want to tell me?" Miu smirked and you knew what she wanted to know.
"There's nothing to tell." You laughed.
"Y/N why are you so embarrassed? There's soo much to tell!" Kokichi grinned.
You looked at him shocked and confused. "There is!?"
"Spill it!" Miu demanded.
"That was a lie there's nothing to tell." Kokichi grinned.
"Why you little-!" Miu yelled.
"Hey relax you two we're friends." You reminded looking at the both of them.
"Fine. Do you want to go gambling then?" Miu asked.
"Are you going to rig the machines?" Kokichi asked.
"What no!" Miu yelled offended.
"Then fine let's go." Kokichi agreed and the three of you went to the casino.

When you got there it was just you three so you guys got dibs on all the games.
"Ah yeah! Casino to ourselves!" Miu cackled.
"Why you're getting so excited and you haven't even won anything." Kokichi commented.
"Well all I know is I'm going to beat the both of you in these games." You said confidently.
"You can talk the talk but can you actually win?" Kokichi asked joking around.
"Oh I can." You smirked.
"This is going to be good!" Miu laughed. "But there's no way I'm losing to you two.

The three of you guys gambled for what felt like seconds but was actually a few hours. It was filled with laughter and joy and even when someone lost they were still happy and not a sore loser. Although both Miu and Kokichi were very competitive.
"Wh-what I lost?" Miu asked.
"Oh yeah you did! Now it's just me and Y/N." Kokichi smirked.
"Come on Y/N you gotta win!" Miu cheered. "Let's go Y/N let's go!"

You looked at Kokichi and he was smirking and you knew he was trying to get you off your game but you weren't going to let him. It was down to pure luck and you closed your eyes and when you opened them Kokichi's mouth was open wide and he was shocked. You looked down and as you looked you realized you won.
"Oh yeah I won!" You cheered and Miu high fived You.
"That was amazing Y/N!" Miu smiled.
"That was epic! I'm glad if I had to lose that I lost to you my beautiful rose." Kokichi flirted.
"You were a very good opponent in the game love ." You complimented.
"Yeah Im glad we aren't against each other in real life." Kokichi grinned.
"That was amazing Y/N." A familiar voice said and started to clap. You looked and saw Shuichi and Kaito walking towards you guys.
"What are you two doing here?" You asked.
"We just heard someone in here so we thought we would check it out and we walked in on the best moment." Kaito laughed. "Y/N beating Kokichi!"
"What can I say my girlfriend is a great opponent and I met my match in both gambling and my heart." Kokichi grinned blushing which caused you to blush.
"I-I." You stammered and he laughed at your reaction.
"Man that was cheesy." Miu sighed.
"But cute." Shuichi added.
"I definitely didn't think Kokichi would have the guts to say that." Kaito sighed.

Kokichi then went up and hugged you tightly. "Y/N is the cute one! Her blush is adorable!" Kokichi blushed. "And when I need a pick me up I just think of her smile and laugh and it makes me smile."
"Awww Kokichi each time I see you your smile gives me light a day without sunshine is a day without you." You flirted with a wink causing him to have an even more noticeable blush.
"I didn't the ultimate botanist was also the ultimate flirt." Miu said laughing.
"Well we're going to go it's almost nighttime anyway." Kokichi said taking your hand.
"Have fun you two!" Miu and Kaito yelled and Shuichi laughed as you and Kokichi blushing and embarrassed left to the dorms.
When you got there Kokichi walked you to your room and you two were still blushing.
"Sweet dreams Y/N I hope I'm in them." Kokichi grinned and gave you a kiss on the cheek.
"You always are." You smiled and walked into your room. After a few minutes you then heard someone at your door. You were a bit confused but you opened the door to see another red rose with a note attached to it. You picked the note up and it read
"You may be out of sight but you aren't out of my mind being with you is all I ever want. Sincerely yours Kokichi."
You smiled reading the note and taking it into your room along with the flower you placed it in a place that you could always look at it and it would be the first thing you would see every morning and the last thing you see at night.
"Thank you Kokichi I can't fully express how much I adore you so maybe I'll just keep it to myself for now." You mumbled and looking at the rose you drifted off into a peaceful sleep.