Chapter 12: Memories

You were walking to the gym and you were a blushing mess and embarrassed about what could of happened if Miu and Tsumugi just didn't walk in at that time.
"Why am I thinking about that?" You mentally scolded. "This isn't the time or place."
You rushed to the gym and the others soon followed and finally Shuichi arrived.
"Everyone gather around! We all here? Good! Then let's bow our heads and pray to Atua." Angie instructed.
"How about we don't and say we did?" You suggested.
"For once I agree with Y/N! You're a real pain in the behind ya know that?! Just tell us what you want!" Miu yelled.
"Alright then check this out." Angie said and then showed the flashlight.
"This is a peculiar looking flashlight. So what of it?" K1-B0 asked.
"Ummm I dunno what it is either I inspected it pretty good." Angie said. "Nyahahaha but in the end I couldn't figure it out."
"You couldn't?" Shuichi asked.
"So I asked someone for help." Angie smiled.
"You don't mean..." Shuichi began a bit nervous.
"If somethin has you worried just let Monokuma take care of it!" Monokuma announced as he appeared out of thin air again. "If you don't know something I'll tell you. If you need help I'll help you. If you don't like something I'll fix it. So don't get rid of it please don't get rid of me."
"Very bad when lady who acts like that preys on you." Gonta commented.
"Huh? Do you know that from personal experience?" Tsumugi asked.
"Can we get this show on the road?" You asked annoyed.
"Tell us Monokuma. What is this flashlight?" Angie asked.
"Why that's a flashback light." Monokuma answered.
"A flashback light?" Korekiyo asked.
"Flashback? Light?" Angie curiously asked.
"That flashlight doesn't shed light on darkness it sheds light on your lost memories." Monokuma informed.
"Lost memories?" Ryoma asked.
"You guys seemed concerned that you couldn't remember how you came to this school. But if you use that flashback light you can remember everything!" Monokuma bellowed.
"So our memories have been taken and that can give our memories back?" You confirmed.
"Right you are." Monokuma said.
"Do I even want to know those memories sometimes it's better to not know." You sighed.
"So it's your fault we don't remember when we were kidnapped huh?" Kaito yelled clenching his fist.
"What did you do to us and how did you steal our memories away?" Kirumi asked.
"Hmm maybe if you use the flashback light you'll remember that too." Monokuma responded.
"I don't believe it. No way this flashlight will recover our memories." Maki sighed annoyed.
"I bet there were a lot of naysayers and skeptics when the telephone was invented too. For your information the flashback light can treat various symptoms of memory loss. The light it emits stimulates the basal ganglia and hippocampus. Not just that but physical-" Monokuma began to explain and it was interesting but also boring at the same time. "So basically it works like-." Monokuma began and then suddenly disappeared.
"Hey don't just give up explaining after a single sentence!" Kaito yelled.
"So what should we do?" K1-B0 asked.
"What should we do? You mean should we or should we not use the flashlight?" Tenko asked. "No way I refuse! It reeks of fishiness!"
"Yeah Gonta no can believe flashlight can bring back memory." Gonta said.
You looked at Miu. "Miu is it possible that this flashlight could work?"
"You're all a bunch of Ultimate dummies! No way that thing can treat amnesia!" Miu yelled. "Then again these aren't exactly normal circumstances."
"So in such an uncanny environment as this common sense has no place." Korekiyo said.
"So it could work or it could not work well that just leaves us in the same place as before." You commented and looked down confused and uncertain.
"Well I mean there are those neuralyzer things. The flashy things from Men in Black." Tsumugi piped in.
"Why are you talking about a movie? This is real life." Maki glared.
"You're right sorry." Tsumugi apologized.
"I don't think we should do it I'm scared it might cause some weird side effect." Kokichi sadly said.
"Nyeeeeh Im worried how it will affect my magic." Himiko sighed.
"I think even if it does work maybe it's best not to know. If we have all of our memories or even just some it could be used as a motive." You pointed out.
"Has everyone spoken? If we're in accord I will consent as well." Kirumi spoke. "What about you Shuichi? You have not said anything yet."
"What I-" Shuichi began.
"Alright! Then it's decided! Let's use it!" Kaito beamed. You gave him a weird look why was he the one deciding when everyone already said it was dangerous.
"Huh? Who decided that? We were all saying how dangerous it sounds." Tsumugi interjected.