Chapter 58: Nebula

The three of you walked to the shrine and you were greeted by Shuichi, K1-B0, and Maki. The whole vibe just felt maybe it was because Kaito wasn't here to give a motivational speech or fight with Kokichi or maybe it was because there was only six in this room but soon it was about to just be five that is if you and the others could find the culprit.
  "Woooow everyone looks so bummed." Kokichi commented. "I think it's kind of funny that Kaito died."
"What?" Maki questioned her aura darkening.
"Awww don't kill me assassin I just think it's funny that the guy who motivated everyone and wanted to live so bad got murdered in the end." Kokichi explained.
"Kaito carried these trials we're going to fail." Maki sighed playing with her hair.
"I thought me,Y/N,and Detective Poo-ichi carried these trials." Miu smiled.
"It's a group effort we need to use all of our heads because at the end if we convict the wrong person it's our heads on the line remember that." You said looking everyone in the eyes and they nodded.
"I have hope that we will see another day!" K1-B0 declared.
"Ohh if the robot says it then it's toooootaaaallly true!" Kokichi sarcastically said.
"Your robophobia is sickening." K1-B0 scoffed.
"We're saying goodbye to someone today I guess...we should just get it over with." You gulped and you got onto the elevator and everyone followed. Kokichi clutched your hand as the elevator went down. With less people it felt as if the elevator went even faster. Once you were at the trial grounds everyone went to their podium and you looked at everyone.
"I'm sure you guys know how this goes by now." Monokuma said.
"Yeah yeah we do we can just begin." Miu said.
"Fine let the trial begin!" Monokuma laughed.

"So where should we even begin?" K1-B0 asked.
"I mean we can recount what happened." Shuichi suggested.
"Yeah because alibis won't work we were all in the same room and honestly if we weren't in the room it would be less suspicious because we know the killer killed in the gym." You explained.
"Yeah that may be true but how did the lights even cut off if we were all in the gym?" Miu questioned.
"That's not a bad question Miu. Is there any sort of power supply there?" Kokichi asked.

"What if it wasn't planned by the killer?" Maki asked.
"I think that would be unlikely that would be a coincidence." You said skeptical about that idea.
"Let's come back to this idea what was the weapon?" K1-B0 asked.
"I found a disassembled crossbow in a classroom with how easy the shot was made and with the arrow and how it was hidden in a locker it can be safe to say that the crossbow is the murder weapon." You elaborated looking at them and they agreed.
"So a crossbow was used to kill Kaito." K1-B0 muttered thinking about it.
"Yeah but it wasn't assembled so whoever killed Astronaut boy must be skilled with a crossbow." Miu chimed in.
"The only person we can safely eliminate from this is Y/N." K1-B0 said.
"Why's that?" Maki asked.
"With how the crossbow was angled and how Y/N was under Kaito and how they appeared to be positioned it couldn't have been her." K1-B0 answered.
"Yeah it must have been someone standing up and not under Kaito." Miu agreed with a smile and then you noticed Kokichi grumbling and so did Miu. "You jealous Kokichi?"
"Of course not! If it wasn't for Kaito protecting her Y/N might have died. So at least he did one good thing." Kokichi stated looking at his hand.
"Oh Kokichi you know I only have eyes for you." You beamed looking at your boyfriend.
"Neeheehee of course but you know I can't say the same." Kokichi grinned.
"What?!" You exclaimed and then he started to laughed.

"Don't worry it's a lie." Kokichi said.
"It better be." You pouted.
"Focus lovebirds. We only narrowed Y/N out." Maki snapped.
"Is it possible that Miu could have killed Kaito?" Shuichi questioned looking at Miu.
"Wh-wh-what?!" Miu yelled surprised. "How could you excuse me?!"
"You could have used a machine to make the lights go out and then made the crossbow so you would know how to assemble and disassemble it." Shuichi explained.
"That does sound plausible." K1-B0 agreed.
"No that's not true at all!" Miu yelled. "Honest you have to believe me!"
"I was with Miu all day there would be no time for her to set up that device or make that crossbow and she didn't even want to go to the gym. But Miu always makes her inventions with a certain I don't know you could say flair they aren't that simple and she isn't skilled with a crossbow." You defended and Shuichi backed down.