Chapter 19: Investigation

You were nervous about investigating because this part hasn't gotten easy and you looked around at the crime scene and you took a deep breath in and you began to investigate.
"Y/N how's the investigation going?" Shuichi asked.
"Well it just started but it's fine so far." You commented analyzing the crime scene.
"We should work together to end this game it was Kaede's last wish." Shuichi suggested. "And I'm already working with Kaito."

You looked at him and sighed. "Shuichi Im going to do my own investigations I'm not working with Kaito we don't exactly get along. I'll work alongside Kokichi and Miu."
Shuichi gave you a sad look. "It's fine Y/N I understand."
   You checked the Monokuma file and you were reading the file looking for any details that could help you.  But you noticed that the time of death wasn't written here. While the previous one said the time of death.
   You looked at Kokichi and motioned for him to come here.
"Look the time of death isn't written here." You said and Kokichi gave a confused look.
"And what does that mean?"
"Monokuma said he wouldn't give any evidence that would let us know who the culprit is. So this information must be evidence to know exactly who the culprit is." You explained.
"So if we can figure out a time of death or even see who has alibis we can figure out who the culprit is." Kokichi smirked.
"Exactly." You smiled.
"I'll keep that in mind my second in command." Kokichi smiled.

You began to investigate the tank and you looked at the piranhas in the bucket and then at the victim.
"Poor Ryoma. Such a gruesome way to go." You sighed.  You then looked closer and you found stainless steel handcuffs in the tank and they were also scratched. You also noticed a square glass pane.  You also noticed all his belongings including the key to his room.
"If I use the key I could I find out who's motive video he had." You thought to yourself. You picked up the key and you knew you had to go to his room and figure it out because this could be vital for the case.   You were heading out when you saw Kokichi.
"Y/N come with me we're going to Himiko's lab to investigate the actual trick." Kokichi stated.
"And that will help us?" You asked.
"Of course!" Kokichi exclaimed.
"Alright I'll go." You said.

You went to Himiko's lab with Kokichi and Tsumugi, Kaito, and Shuichi arrived as well.
"Hey Shuichi do you wanna ask me something?" Kokichi asked. "I'll tell you aaaanything  you wanna know but I would tell Y/N anything  she wants to know because she's my favorite after all."
"Well I do actually. You snuck into our rooms to steal our motive videos right? But is that all you were doing? You came back pretty late." Shuichi said.
"I see you wanna know my alibi for nighttime yesterday. That's a good question to ask." Kokichi said. "The gym is off limits during nighttime so Ryoma was probably killed before or after which makes nighttime yesterday so suspicious since everyone was doing their own thing."
"And what were doing then Kokichi? And you as well Y/N!" Kaito yelled.
"It'd be easier if I just explained step by step what happened while I was out last night. After you regained consciousness Shuichi Gonta brought Himiko and Angie that was about five minutes before 9 pm. Right after that I left Gonta's lab and headed towards the dorms. I thought I'd be back in an hour the start of nighttime but something happened..." Kokichi began.
"Something happened?" Shuichi asked.
"Right when I got to the entrance hall Kirumi spotted me. That was right after I left Gonta's lab so it was right around 9 pm. She started throwing questions at me left and right asking if I was up to no good. Then she started criticizing my behavior and lecturing me on my manners and relationships. Can you believe that I mean who does she think she is?" Kokichi asked frustrated and sad remembering what happened.
"Didn't you ask Kirumi to be your mom earlier?" Shuichi asked.
"She just kept talking and then finally let me go at 10 pm when nighttime rolled around." Kokichi sadly said.
"She talked your ear off for a whole hour?" You asked.
"Well Ohhh the first half hour was a lecture then we played tag for the other half." Kokichi laughed. "She was starting to bore me so I turned around to leave and then  I guessed Kirumi took the tag request seriously. I tried my best but in the end she caught me a little before 10 pm. Then she started to lecture me again and let me go when nighttime started."
"So do your alibis still hold up even when she was chasing you around?" Kaito asked.
"We ram into each other a bunch of times so yeah they should hold up." Kokichi grinned. "After Kirumi let me go I finally went to the dorms and collected everyone's videos. But by the time I returned to Gonta's lab it was already 11 pm.  Oh yeah I did see something off while Kirumi was lecturing me."