Chapter 27: Tenko's Plea

You were heading out of your room and you saw Shuichi.
"Hey Shuichi." You cheerfully waved.
"Oh hi Y/N." Shuichi smiled. "You haven't bothered any of the student council yet right?"
"Not yet not yet." You replied.
"I'm going to hang out with  Kiyo  do you want to come with me?" Shuichi asked.
"Sure I'll tag along." You said.
The two you headed to the Ultimate Anthropologist's Lab and you saw Kiyo waiting.
"Ah Shuichi I seen you have brought Y/N as well allow me to explain about the dark arts. The dark arts of the Caged Dog Village were sealed away for being too effective. The caged child was one such art. It seems feudal lords feared the words of the dead." Korekiyo explained and he started to endlessly talk about seances.
"Hey Kiyo what's the difference between anthropology, history, and archaeology?" You asked.

"Kehehe they are often confused so your question is reasonable. To that question they are different may be a possible answer. History is records, archaeology is buildings and relics anthropology is folklore and customs. History studies events and changes in countries or regions across time. Archaeology traces the course of humanity through physical remains. Anthropology is a study that examines the thought behind traditions and customs." Korekiyo answered.

"I kind of understand but I kind of don't." Shuichi admitted.
"If you think of humanity at the core of anthropology it should be clear." Korekiyo told Shuichi. "From people come feelings those feelings intersect and become tradition at least that's my stance on the matter."
   You had to admit learning about it was pretty interesting because he offered a different standpoint on things and was interesting all around. But at the same time there was something you didn't exactly trust about him as if he was hiding something and you couldn't put a finger on it.  You listened as Shuichi and Kiyo kept the conversation going.  After learning all about anthropology  you went back to the dorm room and knocked on Miu's door.

"Hey Y/N what's up?" She asked.
"I just got back from Anthropology 101 with Korekiyo and Shuichi." You answered.
"You hung out with Creep show and Poo ichi  you must be out of your mind." Miu said with a slight eye roll.
"Did you look at that computer?" You asked.
"I did and the computer is amazing I could work on it all day." Miu smiled.
"That's amazing maybe there's something interesting stored there." You smiled back.
"Come on Y/N I'm going to show you an invention!" Miu excitedly exclaimed taking your hand and she darted for her lab.  When you got there she grabbed sunglasses.
"You're the first person I'm showing this to so you better be grateful for being my best friend." Miu stated holding the sunglasses.
"Of course I am are those sunglasses?" You asked looking at them.

"Not just any sunglasses but sunglasses where movies appear behind the lenses so you can watch movies anytime anywhere!" Miu explained looking at the glasses.
"That's so cool Miu!" You excitedly exclaimed and Miu laughed taking the compliment.
"Maybe next time you can find a way to connect it to the tv so you can also watch tv wherever you go!" You suggested.
Miu looked at you and pondered the thought. "That's not a bad idea. You are a genius!"
"It comes naturally." You said doing a hair flip and then you heard the nighttime announcement.
"We better be on our way before the student council catches us." You said and Miu agreed. As you got back to the dorms you saw Kokichi outside his room.  He locked eyes with you and pulled you into his room and you saw Miu stifle a laugh as Kokichi shut his door.
"What's wrong?" You asked looking at him.
"You were hanging out with Shuichi, Korekiyo, and Miu all day that I didn't get to see you. So as a punishment you are sentenced to cuddle with me for the night." Kokichi declared raising his finger.
"Not a punishment love you could of just asked." You smiled and entered his room but then you heard a knock on the door.

"Are you expecting someone?" You asked confused.
"No." He answered looking even more confused.
You answered the door to see Tenko staring sheepishly at you.
"Miu told me you were here." She spoke.
"Is this another one of Angie's rules she can't stay with me because if so we aren't following it!" Kokichi exclaimed.
You looked at her and she didn't seem brainwashed she seemed genuine.
"I don't think that's why she's here." You said.
"Y/N is right." Tenko replied.
"So you joined the student council on your own I think that sounds worse." Kokichi laughed.
"So what do you want?" You asked allowing Tenko to explain herself. "Because I thought you believed in Atua."

"I could never believe in Angie's god. I only believe in Aikido! As long as I have that I can't be swayed by anything!" Tenko proudly declared. "Aikido values mental fortitude, and Aikido moves are a reflection of that fortitude. Thanks to Aikido my mental fortitude is too mighty to succumb to Angie's brainwashing!"
"So why would you pretend to be brainwashed?" Kokichi asked.
"Because of Himiko right? So you pretended to be brainwash to get into the student council for Himiko?" You asked.
"I think Himiko has gotten so lazy she's given up on thinking for herself. That's why she's depending on Angie but I think Angie is dangerous. The student council idolizes Angie so much they don't see how dangerous she is. That became clear to me after I infiltrated the student council." Angie proudly declared with her fist in the air. "Angie truly believes in Atua. She believe that she is under Atua's protection. That's why she does whatever she wants. She thinks she's Atua's vessel so she doesn't feel guilty about anything she does."

    "So what do you want us to do? Get Maki to kill her?" Kokichi asked.
"I...won't deny that I've wanted her gone even before all this happened and I think everyone has wished that about someone at least once in their life but going through with it is a different thing! It's wrong for a person to commit murder! It doesn't matter what the reason is!" Tenko yelled.
"Yeah I won't deny that but don't tell Maki." Kokichi grinned.
"I just wanna stop Angie. The resurrection ritual is too dangerous to try." Tenko said.
"Stop the resurrection ritual?" You asked and she nodded.
"If we go along with Monokuma's motive it could lead to another killing. But the student council won't defy Angie and I can't stop her on my own. That's why I came to ask you two! You're the only ones who can stop Angie!" Tenko yelled.

"Really we're the only ones?" You asked.
"Like for reals?" Kokichi asked confused.
"Well I obviously can't ask Shuichi, Maki, Miu, or Kiyo and Kaito's not feeling well y'know." Tenko sheepishly said.
"So you're out of options. But why can't you ask Shuichi?" You questioned. "Surely he's more trustworthy."
"Although Kaede gave her wish to the both of you you're the one who is really keeping that promise to her. You also defied Angie in front of all the student council and didn't back down! And with Kokichi I think you two will be able to do it." Tenko answered with a small smile.
"And what's in it for us?" Kokichi asked.
"Another killing not happening and me not throwing you." Tenko replied.
You looked at her and thought about it. "Well Kokichi it looks like we are going to war against the student council except it's two against five."
"Now that's the spirit and a not boring reason! Let's do it!" Kokichi grinned.
"So you'll help me convince Angie to not perform the ritual?" Tenko asked. 
"I agree with you Tenko the ritual is too dangerous. We'll help." You and Kokichi answered and Tenko breathed out a sigh of relief.
"Okay then let's go!" Tenko yelled.
"Now!?" Kokichi exclaimed.

"Yes she's preparing the ritual in her ultimate lab so we need to hurry so we can convince her to stop." Tenko explained.
"Fine let's go." Kokichi sighed and Tenko led the way and as you were walking Kokichi grabbed your hand and whispered in your ear.
"You owe me a lot of quality time and cuddles."
You looked at him and gave him a quick kiss. "I'll make it up to you."
"You better. But for now let's stop Angie! It's time to go to war!" Kokichi exclaimed with a gleeful laugh.