Chapter 10: AfterMath of Trial 1

You and Kokichi walked to your room in silence you didn't know what to say at all. You were still dealing with what you saw and you kept thinking about what Kokichi said about you.
"Kokichi." You began getting his attention.
"What is it?" He asked.
"Why did you call me my beloved Y/N?" You asked confused.
"Well isn't it obvious?" Kokichi grinned.
"No." You answered blankly.
"I love you!" Kokichi grinned.
"What?!" You exclaimed in pure shock.
"That was a lie. The truth is after seeing what happened I truly realized that I can't  let that happen to you and with the rest of the others trying to convict you of a crime you didn't do we have to look out for each other so you are my beloved Y/N." Kokichi grinned being truthful for once.
"Thanks Kokichi for defending me." You said with a soft smile.
"You would of done the same for me." Kokichi smiled.
You two arrived at your room and you didn't want to say goodbye you were still shaken up by everything. 
"I'm not even sure if I want to stay alone." You sighed sadly rubbing your arm.
"If you get scared by a ghost or more accurately Monokuma just knock on my door and I'll come out." Kokichi said reassuring you.
"Goodnight Kokichi." You said.
"Don't have bad dreams!" Kokichi yelled as you went into your room and locked your door. You collapsed on the bed not wanting to think about Kaede and everything that happened. You just wanted to close your eyes and drift off to a happier dream lane and that's what you did.

You awoke to the morning announcement and everything that happened was really reality and you didn't want to believe it. Kaede the person you thought was your friend is now gone and you didn't know what to do. You wanted to cry but you just couldn't. You then heard someone at your door. You went and opened it and to your surprise you saw Shuichi without his hat.
"Hey Y/N can I talk to you in private?" Shuichi asked nervous. 
"Yeah of course." You said and let him in You also noticed Kokichi with a blank expression staring in your direction. Not thinking about it you shut the door and walked to Shuichi.
"What's wrong?" You asked folding your arms.
"It's about yesterday." Shuichi sadly stated. "Kaede asked you to help end the game."
"Y-yeah I know." You sighed looking down at the ground.
"I know yesterday at the trial wasn't easy especially when she accused you but I can't end this game without you Y/N." Shuichi admitted and grabbed your hand and stared into your E/C eyes. "I need you. So please help me save everyone and end this game."
  You felt a blush appear because you were embarrassed by his sincerity. "Fine I'll help you I promise I'll do this for you.... and for Kaede. I'll honor her final wish."
"Thank you Y/N." Shuichi smiled. "Let's head to the dining hall."

The two of you went to the dining hall having normal small talk and when you arrived at the dining hall everyone else was there already
"Writing hmmm?" K1-B0 thought.
"Yeah! Like someone try to hide writing in grass! Weird right?!" Gonta asked.
"That is super strange." You said thinking about it.
"Hmmm Atua says it's just graffiti." Angie smiled. "Now we don't gotta worry about it anymore!"
"Atua thats even more suspicious." Himiko grumbled.
"Oh are you saying Atua is suspicious? How sad." Angie frowned.
"Are you still on about that graffiti it's probably nothing. Whatever Y/N and Shuichi are here so let's start breakfast already." Kaito smiled.

Everyone then started to look at Shuichi confused because they noticed he's without his hat.
"Good morning." Shuichi nervously said.
"Ah good morning." Tsumugi sighed.
"Oh Shuichi um.." Gonta began.
"You finally got rid of that emo hat! Is this cuz Kaede died or whatever?" Kokichi asked smiling.
"Quiet you male! Learn some manners why don't you!?" Tenko yelled.
"Oh huh you're not wearing your hat. I didn't even notice." Kaito commented.
"And you could stand to learn some manners too You insensitive jerk!" Tenko barked.
"No I just felt like it was getting in the way is all." Shuichi said.
"Guys it's literally just a hat it wasn't attached to his head he can put it on and take it off all he wants to." You said rolling your eyes.
"Thanks Y/N I just took my hat off it's not a big deal you don't have to stare." Shuichi obviously embarrassed said.
"You are right my apologies." Kirumi apologized.
"I like it I think you look more handsome with your hat off!" Angie complimented.
"Thank you." Shuichi smiled.
"Keh how nice for you unlike plain jane over here who turns invisible as soon as her glasses come off." Miu insulted.
"I am plain but it's the other way around. Taking off my glasses reveals my true form." Tsumugi interjected. "Hmmmhmm didn't you know? Those who see my true form pay a terrible price."
"Anyway don't be late anymore Shuichi and Y/N. We already decided we're eating breakfast together." Kaito declared with a smile and a thumbs up.
"You decided that on your own." Maki said fixing her hair.
"Yes yes i prepared breakfast for everyone." Kirumi said.
"Really?" You asked excited.
"Indeed it was no trouble at all." Kirumi smiled. "I have prepared an Italian omelet, buttermilk pancakes, smoked salmon galette and for those who prefer Japanese cuisine I have prepared rice balls and miso soup."
Listening to all of it your mouth began to water and your stomach began to growl it all sounded delicious.
"Kirumi be my mom!" Kokichi yelled.
"Gonta want you to be his mom too!" Gonta agreed.
"What are you two even saying?" K1-B0 asked.

You sat next to Kokichi and began to eat your food and you noticed Kokichi staring at you blankly almost as if he had something to say.
"Why was the stupid emo in your room?" Kokichi asked you in a hush voice with a bit of jealousy.
"He just wanted to talk to me nothing more." You replied.
"Okay." Kokichi said and continued to eat his food sending a glare at Shuichi every once in awhile.
After awhile everyone was finished.
"Gonta not mean to flatter but all this food so yummy!" Gonta complimented.
"It really was delicious Kirumi you're the best!" You complimented.
"The rice balls aren't just ordinary ol rice balls either!" Tenko commented in surprise.

After everyone complimented Kirumi's cooking and Kokichi insulting K1-B0. It was almost as if this was a bit of normality in this crazy situation. Then everyone started to talk about Gonta finding writing that says horse a on it and no one has a clue what it meant.

"Gonta you're so gullible if you keep this gullible act you'll be killed before you know it understand?" Kokichi asked darkly. The warm and casual mood was completely shattered like someone throwing a crystal ball.
"Oh Kokichi you no should say thing like that even as joke." Gonta glared.
"Hm? Say what kill? Has the k word been banned?" Kokichi asked innocently. "Sorry I didn't know. But that's not very reasonable is it? Not when the killing game is still happening."
"As much as you have a point Kokichi there's a time and place to give advice like that." You sighed placing your hand on your hip.
"It's that teamwork talk that lets Monokuma play you all like fiddles." Kokichi commented.
"What?" Shuichi asked.
"Oh did you hear that? Dont mind me I was just talking to myself." Kokichi smiled yet his eyes still glared daggers at Shuichi.

Then Monokuma appeared. "Looks you guys are having a good time!"
"Yeaaah they're having a jolly good time ganging up on me!" Kokichi yelled.
"Hey I never ganged up on you!" You defended.
Monokuma then gave a speech about bullying and how he's giving us a prize and the prize was just random junk and no one knew what to do with the junk so we just gave it to Shuichi to figure it out.
"Y/N maybe you can help me?" Shuichi asked.
"I'm not sure if I would be best suited for this." You said a bit embarrassed.
"Well two heads are better than one." Shuichi smiled.
"Yeah I can try to help." You smiled and you noticed Kokichi had a sour look on his face and was biting his nail and then he just went away.
"I wonder what that was about?" You pondered.
"With Kokichi?" Shuichi asked.
"Yeah." You sighed.
"Well maybe while we're figuring out this junk we might find the answer to that." Shuichi smiled.
"Yeah." You sighed and you two began to search.