𝘅𝗶𝗶𝗶. 𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗮 𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗸

chapter eighteen

chapter eighteen

line without a hook

━✧━

JORDANNA AND CAROLINE were sprawled out on the witch's bed, the blonde's arm carelessly resting across the older girl's face, legs tangled together uncomfortably while they laid silently, attempting to nurse their hangover.

"This is your fault," Caroline grumbled as she lifted her arm off Jordanna's face to rub her temples. "Oh let's get drunk Caroline, what a good idea that'd be," Caroline mocked.

"Shut up," Jordanna winced at the loud voice which echoed through her ears. "You said yes you stupid whore. I'm sorry I wanted to comfort my depressed best friend after her sad excuse of a father dropped dead."

"Bitch!" Caroline exclaimed as she harshly slapped Jordanna's forehead.

"Ow!" Jordanna shouted vastly as her ears rang. "Do you want to break me? I'm fragile right now."

"You're being dramatic," Caroline mumbled as she sat up, her back resting on the headboard.

"You're being dramatic," Jordanna mocked in a high pitched voice as she slowly rose from her bed. Her feet padded against the cold floor earning a light hiss from the witch as she reached into her bag, taking out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. She noticed the look the blonde vampire was giving her as she placed a cigarette between her lips.

"Hangover remedy," Jordanna shrugged.

"Right," Caroline said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

Jordanna slumped down onto a chair in the corner of her room, her head thrown back as she blew the smoke from her lips. Caroline took note of the squinted eyes—she was thinking. Hard. It was a rare sight.