Chapter 30

"Nothing is wrong with me.I just ..." He got interrupted because of the knock on the door. Taking the advantage of his distraction you managed to get away from him and ran towards the door. As soon as you did so... You found your saviour stood in front of you... Jihoon.

"Thanks brother..." Saying that you ran towards the hall.

"Did I interrupt something?" Jihoon said entering the room.

"Yes you did." Anger lingered on his tone.

"I have no idea about the reason for your anger these days. But whatever it is I am sorry. It's your birthday today. On this occasion can't you forgive me."

"Definitely not... Not after you appeared when I was determined to confess..." Jihoon's eyes widened. He knew that he fuc*ed up. 

"Grandma... This is too much. I can't accept this all. You said that you were gifting me one gown but this is..." 

Infront of you there were hundreds of gown of various style and designs. You let your measurements be taken few days ago being unable to deny the request of grandma to gift you a gown for Jungkook's birthday but you didn't know that she would order so many. 

"Well I didn't know what would suit you so I ordered to make some pieces." She said with innocence. 

"Some...? These are some? I can't accept these all." 

"You can wear these on other occasions." Queen mother said feigning ignorance to your words. Now you understood, from where did Jungkook picked up his stubborn attitude. 

"Oh my... Look at the time... Come on move fast, you won't want to be late on Jungkook's birthday right..." 

Hearing his name heat rushed to your cheeks as you were reminded of what happened in his room just few hours ago. Is he going through puberty? That's why maybe he don't like to be called a kid. So he said those things. Yes, that must be it. During this stage one's emotion become more intense and extreme so that justifies his affection and clinginess. And his mood also change randomly. Yes, that's it. Why did I not think of this? It must be puberty. 

"Stop thinking about Jungkook and go to try the dresses." 

'how did grandma know? Is she a mind reader? ' you thought feeling shocked and confused. 

"I am not a mind reader. You are just too easy to read. Your thoughts and emotions are all over your face. Now stop thinking and go change." 

You nodded and turned around. Seeing the amount of dresses you sighed the hundredth times. 

"I like this. This is perfect." 

"I think the other one suits you better. This is a no for me." 

"No way... I am not trying any other dresses. Plus they are too heavy for me."

"This is nice but too simple for today. At least choose a bright color like red. Or try this shade of blue. Jungkook is wearing the dress of same color. This will look plain. Everyone is going to do their best to dress up today for his birthday. And I know most will wear red to stand out. "

"That's perfect then. I am wearing this dress for today. I don't wish to stand out. If not then I will wear the dress that I brought." 

The dress you brought was a simple plain baby pink dress which just reached upto your knees. It wasn't even gown. You knew that no matter what grandma was not going to let you wear that dress. You remembered how she screamed in shock when you showed her that dress today. It was nice but not suitable for today. That what she said. 

You stood there wearing a grey color off shoulder dress with embroidery beaded on the dress giving it a slight traditional vibe. It was light and had  soft texture which made it comfortable. You didn't had to wear corset in this dress unlike others which made it easier to breath. And the color didn't stand out much. 

"This is not done. You are blackmailing me right now." 

"Oh my look at the time... We are going to be late. I haven't even done my makeup." Saying that you got out of trail room. 

"You know where to find makeup artist right. It's the guest room of this floor on the right side..." 

"I know..."

  Came your voice. She was sulking. She wanted you to stand out the most today. But you were extra stubborn today not letting her win. In the past she could easily coax you but these days you have gotten more and more intelligent so it was difficult to trick you since you were no longer the naive girl in her teen. You have turned into a mature lady. The dress you wore was indeed beautiful. It was elegant and classy. But it didn't highlight your features and other dresses you tried before suited you more. But it was useless to protest now. Queen mother knew if she protest more, you will really were the one piece dress you brought. She decided next time she was gonna make you wear the dress of her choice.