Chapter 31

Jungkook entered the party along with Jihoon by his side. And everyone's eyes landed on him as he was the 'main character' for today's party. Everyone stopped doing whatever they were doing... However ignoring all those gazes his eyes was searching for someone.

Jungkook couldn't help his smile seeing your nervous figure. When most people were there wearing bright color to stand out, you had the opposite intention. You wore the gray colored dress in hope of not attracting any sort of attention. But what to do? Even in gray dress you stood out the most in the eyes Jungkook. He couldn't take his eyes off you. You, in ball gown, how... How long had it been since he last saw that sight? Oh... He hasn't forgotten that. He still remember the time when you wore the blue color gown on the party 6 years ago. And he also remember that you were forced to wear that dress by Queen mother. 

'Wow... She looks amazing.' a low voice spoke from his side. 

Jungkook looked on his side. He was somewhat irritated seeing his figure beside him. 
'Why the hell he is accompanying me? It should have been Noona. ' he thought looking... actually glaring at Jihoon. Feeling someone's stare Jihoon turned his head towards Jungkook. His look made Jihoon flinch slightly. 

"You are not thinking of killing me right?" he whispered in a low voice. 

Igonoring him he started moving his steps towards you. As he was moving he suddenly stopped and stepped back. 

"If you dare to follow me then I will really killed you." He warned with a straight cold face with no emotion. 

 Usually cheerful Jihoon had a grave expression of fear. 

'Why can't I go to my sister?'

"What are you doing in the corner?" You flinched almost dropping the glass of juice in your hand. 

"Jungkook... You scared me. I almost made a fool of myself..." 

He stepped a little closer to you and took a look around to see everyone with wide eyes, not believing that he actually went to a girl. With a chuckle he replied. 
"Who would dare to laugh at you?" 
His voice which was not too loud...but loud enough to be heard by the people. His voice with no emotion... his usual cold tone caused people to shiver. He just warned them... 'You will die if you laugh at her.' his statement actually implied to that. People unknowingly gulped in fear. 

"Why don't you go somewhere else? Because of you I am getting unwanted attention. Everyone is looking this way." You whispered to him not wanting others to hear that. 

"What are you talking about? Everyone is minding their own business. Noone is looking at us." He replied but not in a low voice. In fact everyone could hear what he said clearly. Everyone present there averted their eyes from both of you. Meanwhile you eyed him with a look of bewilderment. 

"Shameless..." You almost blurted. But you stopped yourself bitting your tongue remembering that it was his birthday today. You forced a smile and look at him. 

"Yeah... You are right."

"Noona, aren't you bored?" 

Not letting you reply he spoke again.

"Let's dance." 

 Rejecting Jungkook was not an option but you also didn't want anymore attention. While you were contemplating on what to do, you suddenly noticed. 

"... But there is no music." you replied with bright smile. 'Thank God... There is no music.' 

"Doesn't matter.Come let's go..." Without waiting for your reply he caught your hand and begin to pull me. 

Just then queen mother entered. 'Oh, we should go greet her.' Not letting him to decline you pulled him towards queen mother. 

"Grandma..." you spoke cheerfully. 

***

God knows after how long you were back at the corner you desired. The banquet was almost over and finally you got chance to get away from Jungkook. He didn't leave you alone even for a single second. You felt the intense stare and envy of people around you all this time. Everyone were dancing, changing partners and enjoying the evening. However nobody dared to approach you. You somehow are aware of the reason but you didn't mind. You looked over to Jungkook who was talking to the group of elders. It didn't look like the friendly talk. You chuckled seeing the annoyed look on his face. At the exact moment he glanced towards your direction. Your eyes made contact with his and you didn't missed the smile and wink directed towards you. 

You closed you eyes looking towards the ground in shame. This exchange of him must have been noticed by other people. You felt someone pinching you chin and raising it.