👨‍🔧02👨‍🔧

Peace

This is what I felt as soon as we landed. A feeling that cannot be explained. My place. My motherland. My home.

Returning home after a long period of six years is like water to a man on the desert whose mouth is parched due to the lack of moisture. Oxygen to the lungs as one gasps to breath. Never thought being back would be so heartwarming.

Eyeing beside me I see my brother looking the surroundings with same feelings. He also has never visited China in these six years. He glanced at me and we exchange a smile. A smile with genuineness and happiness to be back home. We walk towards the exit dragging our luggage only to see father with two young lads standing there waiting for us.

I thought I would be mad at my father for sending us to States but here I am all elated by seeing him. This means I was missing him more than I was angry on him. Gege told me whatever he did was in our interest and yes somewhere I too agreed to that.

Yes, I really missed him. Not only him. Everything.

"Father!!" Gege sounds overwhelmed and happy. Why would not he be? After a period of six years we are seeing each other face to face. Face timing does not provide the warmth one's embrace can. Gege embraced father. Both their eyes glittering with happiness. Father's eyes seeks mine and I melted there immediately rushing over to the two hugging figures and collecting them in a group hug.

Warmth

The thing only parents can provide. Past six years mother used to visit us there so we still have met. But not father. Breaking the hug he smiles widely and says "You're home and now you are not going anywhere." He pouted. Gege and me laughed on his antics. Such tantrums was thrown by him also. His thought makes my heart warm but it aches at the same time. Its time to search for my love.

Someone clears the throat and we turn to the two lads standing there. One's eyes was mischievious while the other was shy. Who were they? Why one of them seems ao familiar? I glanced to my brother and he also seems to be in the similar daze. Gege's eyes sought mine and he glanced back to them and speaks up "Apologies but I don't recognize you both. Have we met before?"

As soon as he finishes the mischievious  one throttle his neck teasingly and replied "Coming back after six years and this is what I get to hear. Uncle this is not done." He pouted and I immediately recognized the antics of my close friend who was always there for me. I immediately smacked him and said "If you do not leave him at this moment Xian, gege might die without knowing you." I laugh.

Brother's eyes widen in recognition he warmly smiles at him. "Li Xian you won't change na. Still the same mischievious one." Gege says smiling widely ear to ear. They both embrace each other and I look back to other figure standing there awkwardly. Xian fist bumps with me and hugs me closely when also turns back to the figure standing at the back.

Li Xian(28 years old)Very close friend of Xiao Zhan and Xiao Wei

Li Xian
(28 years old)
Very close friend of
Xiao Zhan and Xiao Wei

"