💔07💔

Failure

What I promised once to myself, I have failed to do. I promised to restore Yibo's smile and cheerfulness, here he was looking all aloof and cold. Not indulging himself into any conversation and just nodding and humming in agreement.

Where is the chatterbox who would not keep quiet for a moment? His silence was not calm but agitated. He looked uncomfortable.

We all were sitting on a dinner table having our dinner and all this while since I have seen Yibo I have been observing him. His silence is hurting me. What are you keeping from us Yibo?

"Mr. Xiao you seem absent minded. Something's wrong." I turned my head towards Yunlan. Why doesn't he mind his own business?

"Yes, but I do not find it necessary to tell you." I replied in an irritated tone.

"Zhan!" gege said in a strict tone. I know he did not like my rude attitude but with this guy I cannot help it.

"I did not ask to tell me whats wrong and why are you so irritated from me?" He said while leaning back on his chair and hand crossed on his chest with a irritating smirk. Arghhh I just wish I could just throw the cake served on his face.

"So Mr. Lan. You have been all quiet today. Since we are in a venture I would like to know about you too." I said. I wanted answers. Answers to thousand questions which are on my mind. If I want things back to where we started I have to be calm and collected.

My question took Yibo offguard. He glanced at me face still blank while Yunlan who was seated beside him was seething in anger.

"Sorry Mr. Xiao, Yibo is not a sociable person but he has his capabilities." Mr. Zhu said when we heard a snort which turned our attention towards the source. It was none other than Yunlan.

"Ofcourse he has his capabilities. Thats why he is here. Isn't it Mr. Zhu NaiChao" Yunlan said with a mock tone. What is wrong with them?

"Actually Mr. Xiao you see, Yibo is my brother-in-law. I am married to his elder brother." It then dawned on us that Liying is married. But to Haikuan?

"Haikuan ge is married to you?" Xian exclaimed in astonishment but what surprised us were there reactions. All still on their seats with eyes wide like he said something wrong. Yibo was the same but his eyes held a fright. He was alarmed. On his guards.

"Anything wrong?" Gege asked to which Mr. Zhu instantly replied with serious tone "How do you know him?"

"We are leaving." We all snapped towards who after all the while finally spoke up. His voice was still the same. Inspite being in the serious situation all I had in my mind was his voice. It had the same ring in it which would vibrate every nerve cell of mine.

"Ofcourse we will also take your leave. Its late. Lets meet the other day for further discussion." Gege said and we all exchanged pleasantaries and bid farewell.

While returning to home, all were quiet. No one spoke a word. I had too many things myself. What am I going to do now? Should I try to reach out Yibo? But that man in the way. The self proclaimed bodyguard! Why would a rich man be a bodyguard of someone? That too of a secretary.

"Somethings wrong!" Gege said finally breaking the silence and I regarded him.

"No gege. Nothings wrong. I am fine."

"I am not talking about you. Something is very very wrong. Zhan I would like to have few words before you go to bed. Come to my room before you sleep please." Gege said in a dead serious tone not looking at me but outside the car. His seriousness made a pit fall in my stomach. What must gege wanted to talk? I pretty much guessed its about this matter but still it involved my Yibo.