🛠13🛠

We all were in a nearby hotel to Zhu Pharma. Yibo and Yunlan sat beside each other while we on their opposite side. The whole while Yibo did not meet my eyes. He was looking on the table and whatever Gege or Yunlan say he would just nod or humm. I too never said anything. I was thinking of what should I say.

"Yibo?" Gege called him.

"Mn?"

"We never intended to leave China when we returned to Wuhan."

"I don't want to know."

"Please let him finish." I pleaded. It was necessary to clear misunderstandings.

"We do know certain things happened back then." At that Yibo stood up abruptly.

"We will leave." He said

"No Yibo. We will not." Yunlan said as he tucked on his sleeves and made him seat again. Yibo glared at him. It was clear that Yibo was reluctant to sit and hear us out.

"Yibo! We know about the Wens." As gege said a pool of tears left Yibo's eyes but his face showed no emotions. Only tears and it pained my heart to see my love crying at a hand'd distance but could not console him or comfort him.

"We tried contacting you for one month after leaving Yunnan but you were not available and we did not knew you were abducted." At that being said Yibo rushed out of the restaurant and I trailed him behind asking others to give us some time.

"YIBO!!" I shouted as he made his way through the crowd, hurrying over his steps bumping people nearby. Trailing him, I came across a deserted alley and found him near the lamp post on the lane sitting and sobbing his head stuck between his knees.

"Sunbeam." As I got on my knees and took his head. Can anyone guess the pain of seeing your love in so much of pain.

"DON'T CALL ME THAT! Please don't call me that." He sobbed and I just hugged him. What can I do just take his pain from him?

"When I first met you, you were always a beam of happiness to everyone's life. Not only to others, to me too. You were, are and now forever be the same sunbeam I had. You have always cheered up people, always helped people now when you are in need let me please Yibo. Your condition is dreading me. Your tears are the salt to my burned heart so let me treasure these salt pearls so that it only flavours to our life and not give us pain. Hmmm?" I tried my best to make sure my feelings are conveyed bit he only sobbed harder. We both were queit and he was calming down. I think he was trying to analyse what I said. I was still on my knees, holding his head when he suddenly jerked up and stood up with the same old features. By old I meant the cold one.

"I don't need anyone's help. And why do your care this much? So just STAY AWAY FROM ME!!"

"Why are you distancing me Yibo?"

"DON'T ACT LIKE YOU CARE!"

"I DO!!"

"WHY?"

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU DAMNIT!!" Tears poured as I poured my heart out. I wanted him to know that his gege would never abandon him. Whether he loves me or not, then also and now too I was more willing to help. He remained silent as new set of tears rolled down his eyes. His eye held affection and pain but he was alarmed of it. He was scared of showing his emotion but not to me. Not to his gege who has spent eight years of his life loving him. Being a lovesick person.

"You don't need to use this arsenal with me. In a week or two no one develops feelings. I don't need your pity." With thst being said he started to leave.

"If a week or two is enough then how about eight years Sunbeam?" He stopped as I said this.

"What do you mean?"