💔06💔

What?!

What happened? Does he not recognise me? Is he that angry with me to meet my eyes? What is wrong? His cold treatment hurt me. For this heart's sanity I will just assume that he did not recognize me. That would be more bearable than him not wanting to see me. That would shred my heart into pieces.

"If you were not required here then why the hell are you here?" I snapped out of my thoughts and flinched by the sudden interruption. I saw Mr. Zhao sitting next to me, watching me keenly from head to toe.

"Are you so overwhelmed by my presence? You seem to like cry any moment." His words were meant to tease but his tone did not held any. He was narrowing his eyes, constantly frowning but these things could not annoy or hurt me more than Yibo's ignorance did.

"Now why the hell are you silent? Speak up." He wispered sternly and all I could do was gulp the bitter lump in my throat.

"How close are you to Yibo?" This was my first question. Why he was so offended with my presence and emotions towards Yibo?

"And you think I will answer anyone who ask me anything?" He said. Sarcasm and bitterness dripping from his voice.

"And same goes with me too. Do you really think I would answer anyone who asks me anything?" I retorted back and smirked seeing a frown covering his face. One should know who is he messing with. I turned my focus back on stage where gege and Mr. Zhu were exchanging pleasantries, agreements and plan regarding the venture. My focus was all on Yibo and I observed that he was avoiding not only me but also my brother. Infact he was not conversing, just reading and noting in the file.

While my whole concentration on Yibo, someone was also keenly observing my expression. Zhao Yunlan. I felt him all the while looking at me but I did not bother. My mind was on the stage.

It was later an hour or too when the meeting concluded and guests were asked to have dinner. All the people from the stage came down. Gege with Mr. Zhu, Xian, Yibo and a lady came towards me. Mr.Zhao got up abruptly from his seat when he saw them nearing me and stood beside Yibo. More like covering him.

"Mr. Xiao Zhan, Mr. Xiao Wei and Mr. Li I would personally like to introduce everyone properly to you. She is Miss Zhao Liying, my business partner. More like a silent partner. She owns major share after us and also looks after our company's security." We shook hands and exchanged few words.

"This is Zhao Yunlan. As I already told you he is brother of Ms. Liying and a self-claimed Yibo's bodyguard." Mr. Zhu said and we heard a chuckle from Mr. Zhao.

"You see Yibo needs to be protected. People tend to take advantage of his naviety. What do you say NaiChao?" He remarked coldly and smirked to which Mr. Zhu frowned. What is going on?

"Well so now you all know, I got nothing to do with this company but this boy so next time don't bother me." He smiled sarcastically and shook hands with us. Well he really squeezed hard my hand for me to gasp and he retrieved his hand with a smirk.

"And you might have already met him. He is my secretary Lan Yibo. He also looks after chemical department." He completed when I took a step towards him. It was at this moment he gazed at me and our eyes locked.

"No, we didn't meet in the afternoon. This guy came not him." I completed pointing at Zhao Yunlan but my gaze fixed at Yibo. His eyes did not have any emotion. Like nothing was around him. I can even see my reflection in his eyes but an emotion. Where's the mirth and cheerfulness his eyes held? They were so cold that it would reflect one's emotion but not his.

"Yibo, you didn't go with him" Mr. Zhu was roughly cut off when Zhao Yunlan spoke pointing towards me gritting his teeth, "You! What is your problem?" He said while coming towards me when he was held back by Yibo.