Chapter 29: Becoming A Luna

Clare's POV:

I gasped quietly as I looked over the balcony outside of Remi's door. At least 100 pack members stood below in the large room. All of them looked stunning in tuxedos, dresses, and gowns. Most girls had their hair pinned up or curled, and the men had dressed in their finest. I suddenly felt small and petty compared to all of these gorgeous people. I shrunk into Mitch's side and tightened my hold on his hand.

"Clare, it's going to be okay. Everyone here adores you and talking to them will be a breeze, okay? I'll hold your hand the entire time and if you need a break, just nudge me, okay?", Mitch's voice instantly calmed Tris who had become increasing with tensity.

"Okay." I whispered back, barely audible. I cleared my throat, swallowed, and we began walking towards the top of the stair case that lead down to the guests.

Mitch's dad appeared behind us and he walked confidently to the balcony. "Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, my son, Mitch. And his beautiful mate, our soon to be Luna, Clare!", Then, he stepped back and Mitch and I began our walk down the stairs, I kept my arm hooked around his and he smiled at everyone, while I cowered and looked up everyone few seconds.

Inside, I heard Tris scream, "LOOK UP AND SMILE!", so I gained enough confidence to lift my chin and smile the biggest and greatest smile I could possibly show. The guests began clapping and cheering louder than before and I took that as a good sign. So I kept on smiling and I even waved a bit.

Mitch and I reached the bottom of the staircase and instantly, the people swarmed us like we were famous. I quickly became overwhelmed. Women, men and children were asking questions like, "When's the wedding," or ,"When's the baby due?". Others congratulated me on my new position as Luna. I knew the responsibility of the Luna. A Luna would do anything for her pack and her position in the pack was almost greater than the alpha himself. The Alpha and Luna are equal. Both can make calls on waging battles against other packs.

As the people asked questions, many of them began to back off when Mitch's eyes glowed a brighter yellow. Women, men and children stepped back and made an aisle to where Mitch's dad was. He stood against the wall of the dining room. The table and chairs had been removed and I saw the Luna's pendulum in a case beside him. The Luna's pendulum is an ancient method of bestowing the Luna position on a new Luna. The Luna would wear the pendulum always so that anyone that crossed her path knew how dangerous and important she was.

I approached the before alpha (Mitch's dad) and I realized that I was grinning. I smiled up at him and Mitch walked beside me. I stood next to Mitch's dad, and Mitch stood on the other side of me.

"Clare, you have been through hell and we wish we would've gotten to you sooner. But we promise that this pack will always make you feel safe", I realized I was crying, "This pack will always protect you and as the Luna of Blood Lust Pack, you shall wear this pendulum passed down from 5 generations before you", Mitch's dad put the pendulum around my neck and he said the last words, "Blood Lust Pack, I present to you, your beautiful Luna, Clare." and then everyone began clapping. Mitch's dad hugged me and then I felt someone turn my shoulders. Mitch kissed me softly on the lips and hugged me, lifting me off the ground and spinning around in circles. He put me down and I turned to my fellow pack members.

I am the Luna of Blood Lust Pack.

Fight us, I dare you.