Chapter 41: Possibilities

Clare's POV: (Photo is Joseph Vendetta, Clare and Joshua's father)

"You're taking over Great Bear Lake Pack?" I asked as I took a short step forward. What is he thinking, he just reunited with dad and now he's taking over the pack. I thought, frustrated. Although I knew Josh would be a great Alpha, we would never see each other and what if we started fighting for more control. I would lose him all over again if our packs were to be future rivals.

Josh took a step forward as well, placing a protective hand on my shoulder, I tensed. Slowly he said, "No, Clare. Dad and I have been speaking for the past month, discussing what we should do. Dad no longer wants to run this pack. But the thing is, I don't want to run one either, there's no way I'd be able to handle it, but you and Mitch, you could build this pack up from the ground and rule together. A brand new, fresh start. What do you think?" I stumbled back, suddenly, it was hard to breathe and the short little breaths that I was taking, weren't helping. Josh moved to catch me but I slipped out of his fingers too.

I looked up at him as I sat in the dirt, "You both want to leave again!" Josh's hand reached down to help me up but I quickly slapped it away, my dad's eyebrows raised in disapproval but it didn't matter. Deep down I knew that they were going off together and leaving me behind. "Leave me be!" I stood up, quickly walking away from both of them.

I heard my father grumble and my brother sigh and I headed straight for the pack house. I swung the door open with such force that the handle it the wall and busted a hole in the wall, I was furious. After finally finding my family again, they were going to leave just like that. The pack members of Great Bear Lake were scattered around the house, playing games, talking or watching a movie. I growled loudly so everyone looked at me, "Who is the second in command of this pack?!" I yelled powerfully, my hands curling into fists. Everyone's eyes were on me, staring widely with fear.

"I am, darling." A deep voice called out as everyone stepped back, revealing a man. The man was probably in his twenties, impressive for a beta. His arms were buff and you could see his abs through his black shirt. He had dark brown eyes and light brown hair, his lip tugged up into a smirk. I rolled my eyes at what he called me and quickly said, "Did Alpha Joseph ask you to run this pack?" The man stepped forward, a mischievous look glinting in this eyes.

"Yes, Luna Clare, he did. But he quickly took the possibility away when he realized his only son was alive." He smiled "I'm Aaron." Then he bowed in respect.

"Did he tell you anything about going away with his son, Joshua?" I asked, getting impatient.

Aaron nodded, "Yes, they were planning on searching for Diana Vendetta." As he spoke that name, my entire world stopped.

My mother.

I turned on my heel, slamming the front door shut before walking back over to my father and Joshua who were still standing by the lake.

"You're looking for my mother?!" I screamed, a knew my eyes must have been turning red because all I saw was red.

"Who the hell told you that?" My dad growled.

"You're oh-so-wonderful beta."

"Aaron." My father growled again, shaking his hand.

"Why? I thought she was dead. Joshua told me she was dead." Then I sent daggers at Joshua, staring him down. "Is mom alive?"

"NO, CLARE! YOUR MOTHER IS DEAD. WE WERE PLANNING ON SEARCHING FOR HER KILLER. "

"Her killer's dead! Luke's dead!" Tris screamed and fought for control.

"Luke is dead! Mitch and Joshua murdered him!" I yelled at my father, fighting back the tears.

"No, Luke didn't kill her. Someone else did, most likely a hunter." Joshua said quietly. Confusion crossed my mind, why would a hunter kill mom?

"I have a pack to run, Blood Lust is my pack." I said.

"Remi and Will could become the new Luna and Alpha." Joshua said, I could tell he thought all of this through a million times.

"Mitch and I will think about it. Joshua, just..I have nothing to say to you."I just nodded to the two of them before heading back into the woods.

A/N:

Guys, I hate to say it but this book is coming to an end shortly. But I will be writing another one afterwards. I hope you guys are enjoying the chapters! Thank you so much for your support.

THIS.

GIRL. (me!)

WILL.

WRITE.

ANOTHER.

WEREWOLF.

BOOK.

I'm determined :)