Chapter 8: Healed

I woke up with Mitch's arms wrapped around me carefully. I could still feel the tingling in my spine from the surgery. I smiled happily up at Mitch, his eyes closed. He had fallen asleep perfectly, I could see a small smile on his lips.

"I know you're awake..", I said while laughing a little.

Mitch opened his green eyes, smiling,"I love watching you sleep."

"Oh, that's not creepy or anything."

"You snore in your sleep.", Mitch laughed.

"I do not!" I propped my arm up and rested my head in hand.

"It. Is. Adorable." Mitch stated with a smile on his lips. I laughed to myself a little. I couldn't understand how a boy like Mitch could ever possibly find a girl like myself. I have scars on my body, some selfharm and others done by the anger of the last pack. Pain seared through my skull as I thought of how awful my life had been not even 2 months ago.

I closed my eyes, trying to burn the memories laced in my mind. Mitch noticed my pain and a worried look passed through his golden eyes.

"Clare? I know what you're thinking about. I can feel it too. You know I love you right? I would nver hurt you or abandon you like your old, physcotic pack would.", Mitch growled throughout the last part.

I just stared at the wall. I knew Luke would come for me and eventually drag me back into the hell I belonged. Luke would hurt Mitch's pack, he would do anything just to see my blood on his hands. I couldn't let Mitch or his pack get hurt or even killed. I started thinking about possible ways to run away, back to the greedy hands of Cold Creek Pack.

Mitch once again wrapped his strong arms around me. Before I knew it, Mitch's full lips were next to my ear, whispering, "You're so beautiful.", Mitch's voice was low and smooth. I sighed and tried prying myself from his chest but he growled possessively, yet playfully, "Clare, I wouldn't run from me if I were you.." Mitch trailed off.

I growled back playfully, snuggled warmly into Mitch's chest before using all of my strength to jump out of his arms onto the floor. Mitch warned, "MINE." before leaping after me and pinning me on the soft, carpeted floor. Mitch was lightly, carefully sitting on my low waist while holding both of my arms against the floor, but he was so careful not to harm me.

Mitch breathed heavily, "I could take advantage of this moment and kiss you...or we could continue wresting adorably until I finally can't take it any longer and kiss you."

I thought about it. Mitch has been so kind, loving, and god he's adorable, why shouldn't I kiss him? I mean, we are mates.

"Kiss him before he makes up his damn mind, Clare!", Tris yelled.

I leaned up just enough to where Mitch understood what I wanted. Mitch's soft lips crashed into mine. Lightning shot up and down my body and I melted into the floor. My arms were still pinned and Mitch was still sitting on me. But honestly, I didn't care. The kiss lasted for what seemed like hours. Finally, I pulled away because she thought she might pass out from lack of oxygen. Mitch has the biggest grin in his face. His eyes lit up like the Northern Lights.

Mitch was my mate, he had healed me.