Chapter 13:Headaches & Heartaches

Will and I decided to shift before we crossed, so our scent wouldn't be strong. 

As Will and I crossed the border I felt an overwhelming pounding in my mind. 

I yelled out and fell to the leaf-covered ground. 

"Clare!" Will yelled while kneeling next to my body. 

I curled up into a fetal position, whimpering and crying. Covering my head and face with my arms. 

"Clare, tell my what's wrong? What hurts?!" Will asked, searching for a way to help me. 

The pounding felt like a million screams, echoing over and over again in my head, cracking my skull with it's force. 

"M-my....h-head.", I mumbled into my hands. 

"It must be because you're mind realized how far away from your mate you were. Hasn't he marked you yet?" 

"N-no." I said sobbing. 

"I know your in pain right now, but the only way it'll get better is if I find Mitch or I carry you."

"C-carry me. I w-want to h-help."

"Okay." Will said softly and then picked me up with his arms, bridal style. Will partially cradled my head, tucking it away in his arm as he ran. I didn't hear Will panting, I knew I was light, and Will was strong. Will sniffed the air.

"I smell a male. Don't worry, Clare." Will comforted. 

I kept quiet, it hurt to speak, it hurt to move, it hurt to breathe. 

Will ran on, searching and sniffing for Mitch. 

I caught the smell of something, something sweet, something amazing. 

Mitch. 

Will smelt it to because he screamed, "Mitch!" Before falling to his knees and cradling me in his arms. 

"Shh, I know it hurts, Clare. Mitch is coming, don't worry. You'll be okay." Will said. 

I nodded, tears streaking my face. 

"Clare?Clare, are you there? Where are you baby?", I heard Mitch yell. 

"Here.", I whispered. 

"Over here, Mitch." Will said. 

Mitch appeared from behind a few trees, he ran over to me, staring at me, and then Will. I saw the anger in his eyes, but Will was just a friend. 

"Alpha of the Blood Lust Pack, I'm Will, an Omega, from Cold Creek Pack. Clare and I met in Cold Creek, I told her to come back, she wanted to protect you. We ran into two Betas, and Alpha Luke of Cold Creek. Clare killed one, we injured the second, Alpha Luke and the second ran. Clare and I ran here together, she's my friend. Nothing happened, I promise you, she's nothing but my friend. I'll leave if you want me to." Will said breathing hard. 

"Thank you, of course you can stay, I wouldn't let you go back there." Mitch said. 

"Come on, let's get her back to you." Will stood up and carried me over to Mitch. 

As soon as I touched his skin, my body shocked into life and my heart beat faster than it ever had before. 

*** A/N ***

#Clitch Spread the word. 

Share, Comment, and Vote. 

-Lindsey