Chapter Six: Coal

Chapter Six: Coal

I slowly shifted my body, turning my wolf's head. I smelled Mitch's smell, and I knew he stood behind me. When I finally looked behind me, a black wolf stood with piercing golden eyes. His coat was the pure shade of coal. My wolf's green eyes widened at Mitch. I could tell his wolf was a lot bigger, stronger, and faster. I whimpered, showing him that I knew he was Alpha. Then he slowly, padded over to me and nuzzled me. 

"Can we go for a run?" I asked through mind link.

"Absolutely." Mitch replied.

I broke into a sprint, dodgeing trees, branches, rocks,and logs. I swerved around a large pine tree before realized that Mitch was catching up, fast. I worked my paws into the ground more, with every step, I pushed into the ground harder than the last. As I gained speed, Mitch playfully nipped at the back of my paw. I yelped in surprise before jumping over a dead log.I caught a wiff of dead rabbit somewhere. Probably killed by a feral coyote. I ran faster than I thought I could, when suddenly, my front nails caught under a tree root and I flipped over, right onto my back. I yelped in pain as I felt tingles tickle my spine. I looked over to my front paw, severely bleeding from the nail being pulled out. I licked my wound gently before I heard Mitch run over to me. I saw his pretty,golden eyes before I fell asleep. 

I woke up with warmth all over me. I looked up, my vision still blurry. I was moving. Something was around me. When my eyes sharpened my view, I realized I was being held, no, carried. I smelled something amazing.

Roses and Cinnamon.

I gasped as I noticed the pain in my hand and back. I tried to move but instead, I felt electricity crackle through my bones. I ached, the pain was so bad that all I felt was tingling. 

"Shh, shh. Don't try to move. It'll make it worse, darling." A calming, soothing voice cooed.

I looked at Mitch, he was carrying me, his arms tightly surrounding me. Mitch nuzzled into me with his chin and forehead. We were both in our human forms. I was in a blanket, Mitch had a pair of basketball shorts and a Nike's shirt on. I rested my head back onto Mitch's shoulder, I was very tired. 

Before I knew it, I was dreaming. 

--- Dream ---

"Hush kiddo, Alpha will hurt you if you do not stop crying. I don't want him to hurt you." Joshua whispered.

I nodded my little, toddler head. I cuddled into Joshua's chest as I fell asleep. 

I woke up to a loud banging. I opened my tired eyes to see Joshua lockng the door and struggling to open the window. We were in the pack's basement. The pack didn't like me staying by them, so I slept in the basement. Joshua's face was drenched in sweat, then the window finally cracked. Joshua slid the window open all the way and paced back over to me. He gently picked me up,the banging still hurting my ears. He hugged me tightly before carefully putting me through the window. I looked at Joshua with sad eyes.

Was he leaving me too?

"I'm so sorry kiddo, but I have to do this. I love you and if I make it out I will find you, okay? Hey, smile. I'll make it out." Joshua smiled softly at me," Run as fast and quietly as you can to our secret tree house that I built you. Hide in there until Cold Creek Pack finds you. I love you so, so much, little pup. You're so strong, I know you'll make it. Now, run!" I saw a tear run down Joshua's face before he closed the window and turned to face whatever was behind the door. 

I did exactly as Joshua told me to do.

And they found me. 

--- End of Dream ---