Chapter Two: Words

Author's Note: I just wanted to notify that this chapter is not long because I wanted to make the book have at least 30 chapters. Usually, my chapters are around 1,000 words, this one may be around 500. -Luna

Chapter Two: Words

When I finally woke up, it was around noon. I was laying on the kitchen floor. I felt something sticky underneath me. Blood. I  sat up and rubbed my head. 

Oh my god! The Blood Lust Pack! I need to get ready, I need to prepare dinner, I need to do my chores! Mia entered the kitchen, a giant bruise on her upper, right arm.

"Oh, Mia!", I whimpered as I threw my arms carefully around her.

"Hello, Clare. I was ordered to give you a dress, and concealer to hide your scars, cuts, and bruises. Please, hun, hide those scars and bruises, the dress is hanging on your closet door knob. There is also a pair of black flats sitting next to them.

"Are you okay, Mia?", I asked carefully.

"Do not worry about me, are you okay? And do not lie to me."

I sighed, "No, the cuts on my back sting when I move, can you clean them? I cannot reach." 

"Yes, since the pack is at work and school, and Luke is meeting the Grass Meadow Pack. Trying to bargain for land." Mia said.

"Oh, okay. Let's hurry, I have to finish my chores and make dinner for two entire packs."

Mia nodded and we walked into the bathroom down the hall. Mia cleaned my cuts and I looked at my back in the mirror. Luke wrote, "WORTHLESS BITCH", at the bottom of my back in capital letters.

Mia sighed when she saw it, we both knew it'd be there forever, for the rest my life. When Mia was done, I dusted the entire pack house, vacuumed, wiped down the counters, cleaned the pup's room, folded everyone's sheets, did laundry, cleaned the floors, cleaned the bathrooms, and then I finally went outside and cut the grass. When I was finished, the clock read 3:00 pm. The pack would be home soon. I ran back into the kitchen and started making dinner. 

After setting the table, with the help of Mia, I set the steak, pork chops, chicken, corn, green beans, bread, and butter on the table when it was around 5:30 pm. The pack members left me alone as I worked since the strongest Alpha in all of Canada was coming to our pack house. I finally set the salt, pepper, and wine on the table before running upstairs. I slid the slim, black dress on. I look in the mirror as I brushed my wavy black hair, I had tan skin, and bright, green eyes. My wolf yipped as I slipped on the shoes.

We look amazing! Tris, my wolf, said through our mind link.

I giggled and smiled as I looked at the dress, it was a v neck dress, that hugged my sides and stopped around mid thigh. I quickly applied the concealer to my bruises but purposely left the scars on my wrists revealed. If I found my mate or saw the Alpha, I wanted him to see my scars and take me away from the pack. 

But, if Luke saw my scars revealed, I would be punished.