Chapter 37: Lies and Superheroes

Clare's POV: (Photo is Will)

If only it could last, I thought to myself. Mitch's arms were holding me tightly and Will and Remi looked as if they might fall down from the intensity of their gazes at one another.

Life was absolutely horrible before I met Mitch and his pack, and now I had a mate, friends and a family. Who knew I could have a family? Josh had disappeared a few hours ago, he was in the pack house library, reading up on the history of Blood Lust Pack.

Slowly, I let go of Mitch and he stepped back, but one arm remained wrapped carefully around my waist. I smiled up at him and his pointer finger touched underneath my chin. Mitch's eyes were filled with lust and I couldn't help but tease him again by biting my lip. Instead of ignoring the lust like he usually did, he crashed his lips down upon mine and hungrily yet lovingly kissed me. After the long kiss ended, he kissed my forehead again and I blushed.

Suddenly, I remembered we were standing in the pack house yard with Remi and Will three feet away. I met Remi's eyes, "Sorry, I didn't mean-"

But she cut me off, "I completely understand." Remi smiled and gave Will a little peck on the cheek. I smiled at their love and thought happily about our future. Would Mitch and I have kids? Would we be married? Where would we live?

Mitch and I decided to part ways with Remi and Will. Honestly, I think we deserved a little alone time since we were constantly apart and working on different problems.

Once again, we climbed into the rusted truck and began driving away from the territory.

I remembered when Remi pulled Mitch away to tell him something and then he came back worried, "What did Remi tell you?" I asked.

"Nothing, really. Just wanted to tell me about Will and tell me he was a good person. She was just, uh, worried that I would go after him." Mitch said not looking away from the road ahead of him.

"Oh." Was all I said.

"Mhm. Anyways, where would you like to go?" Mitch asked.

"Let's go to the movies. I really want to see the second 'Avengers'." I replied.

"Okay, let's go then. So..who's your favorite superhero?" Mitch looked over at me, raising his eyebrow.

"Ironman. All the way, he's just absolutely perfect. What about you?" I asked.

"Captain America! He's literally like the coolest superhero ever, and his shield is the bomb." Mitch argued.

"Ironman is badass, he doesn't take shit from anyone and he's just a straight up jackass to all of the other superheroes!"

"Captain America is actually considerate to the people around him. Ironman is just a cocky, rich guy that designed a suit and that's all he is. A cocky, rich guy in a suit." Mitch pointed out.

"Well, damn." I said, defeated. I ran out of ammo (aka good points) of why Ironman is way better than any other superhero.

"Did you just surrender to defeat?"

"Yes.." I trailed off.

"That was unexpected." Mitch said.

"Oh, shut up!" I replied before hitting his arm, which was basically made of steel, or atleast that's what it felt like. I felt the shocks and Mitch swerved a bit on the empty road. Then, wear eye contact and I couldn't stop looking into his eyes. They were stunning and beautiful.

"C-clare. Please, let me drive." Mitch whispered, breaking eye contact.

I had no idea I had that sort of effect on him. He couldn't even control himself.

"Okay, sorry." I said.

"No, don't apologize. I just can barely control myself when you look at me like that."