Chapter 36: Nightmare or Premonition?

Remi's POV:

I watched in horror as a sharp 6-inch knife cut into Clare's fragile, broken body. Her soon-to-be killer smiled recklessly and wickedly before letting Clare's frail body fall to the ground. Then, the killer dropped the knife next to her after wiping her blood off of the blade, and ran in the opposite direction, but he didn't get too far. Mitch sprinted as fast as he could towards the killer and quickly broke his neck. The murderer then fell to the ground with a thud before Mitch ran back over to hold Clare's dying body. I could see the tears pouring out of Mitch's eyes as he caressed her cheek and have her a kiss on the forehead, then he whispered something before she exhaled slowly and went limp. As the entire scene unfolded, tears were streaming down my face and finally, I let out a blood-curdling scream before falling to my knees and burying my head into my hands.

I suddenly bolted upright in bed and screamed. Suddenly, someone rushed over from outside of the room and gave me a long, strong hug. I was absolutely shocked to feel the lightning bolts shoot through my entire body.

"Mate." My wolf barely whispered before yipping in excitement. That's when I noticed the smell. The entire room seemed to be engulfed in a very exciting and beautiful smell. I let go to see my mate that was hugging me.

As he let go and backed away I knew exactly who it was. Will. Will was my mate. His blonde hair hadn't been washed in awhile and it was messy in a very cute way. His dark brown eyes were full of love and happiness and as my eyes looked down towards his mouth, I realized his lips were curled up into a smile.

"Hi." I said shyly before realizing how horrible I probably looked, "Oh, I must look terrible."

"Don't feel sorry for being absolutely gorgeous. Please don't hide yourself from me, you're always beautiful to me." Will said confidently and my wolf yipped in happiness.

"How long have I been..gone?" I asked.

"About 6 weeks. I've been checking up on you." Will gave a small smile.

"You've watched me for 6 weeks?"

"I just didn't want anyone to hurt you. I'm sorry." Will then looked down, frowning.

"No, silly. That's really sweet of you to watch over me, thank you." I smiled and took his hands. "Where's Clare?" I asked, suddenly remembering the nightmare.

"She's just training with Josh and Mitch. Why?"

"I guess I just miss her." I said, sort of lying.

"Well, you can't leave until the doctor comes back and says okay, alright? Do you want to watch Netflix while we wait? I brought my laptop and the doc. has great wifi." Will offered and I couldn't refuse.

*2 EPISODES OF SUPERNATURAL LATER*

"Great, you've woken up. I'm sure you'd like to leave so I'll just make sure everything's alright and I'll let you go."

The doctor checked everything and said the only thing that was still a little sore is my wrist but I assured him I was okay. Then, Will walked me all the way back to the pack house which wasn't a long walk and I had to beg him to let me walk. But eventually I gave him puppy eyes and he gave in to letting me walk.

As we walked, Will told me about his life before coming to our pack and I told him about mine. We also sharing things like hobbies, favorites and all of that personal stuff. I knew a lot about him by the time that we got to the pack house.

When we arrived to the training center, Will and I found Clare beating the shit out of her poor, omega opponent and I wondered, how had this girl been so abused? How had she not fought back?

Will slowly took my hand and intertwined his fingers with mine. A smile spread across my face as the shocks and tingles ran up my arms from my fingers.

Then, I focused my attention back to Clare. She had beat her opponent but now she gave the omega a hand and pulled her to her feet. Clare nodded to the omega and the omega bowed to Clare. Mitch suddenly appeared in front of Clare, taking her in his arms and kissing her. I need to talk to Mitch about what I saw before I woke up.

I began walking towards him, "Mitch!" I called out. He turned towards me, glancing at Will's hand intertwined with mine, then back up to my eyes. "I need to talk to you, privately." Mitch nodded towards Clare and I let go of Will's hand. The tingles stopped and my wolf felt upset but I assured her it was important. Will approached Clare and they began talking about Clare's growing strength. Mitch and I walked through the grass to the pack house. As I closed the door behind me, Mitch's arms surrounded me as he gave me a hug. "Hey sis, you're awake."

"Yeah, Will was there, I found out he was my mate and the doctor dismissed us. But something happened before I woke up...Could we talk somewhere else?" I asked and Mitch let go, nodding.

We ended up sitting in Dad's office. I leaned against the desk and Mitch sat down in one of the chairs.

"What happened?" Mitch asked.

"Right before I woke up, I saw something. It felt like a nightmare but I'm not sure, it also felt real. I saw someone murder Clare..you were there when she died. I screamed and then it was over. I woke up right afterwards and Will rushed to me." I shook my head, wondering, was it just a nightmare? Or something more?

Mitch looked down, "And you're not sure if it's just a nightmare or a vision?"

"A vision?"

"A premonition. When you see things that will happen in the near future." Mitch said quietly.

"Who would murder Clare? Luke's dead." I asked.

"I don't know." Mitch ran his fingers through his hair, a worried expression plastered on his face. "What if it's a premonition? I c-can't lose her."

"You won't. We'll figure this out. Come on, let's go find our mates." I put my hand on his shoulder and began walking towards the door. Mitch closed his eyes tightly for a few seconds before opening them and walking out with me.

We found Clare and Will facing each other in the training center. Clare was obviously beating Will but as soon as Will's eyes met mine, he pushed Clare off of him and pinned her down. Clare yelped in surprise and struggled beneath him. Will hit the floor three times before he victoriously stood up and pulled Clare up. Clare wiped her self off before high-fiving Will.

Together, they walked off of the mat and walked towards Mitch and I. Clare easily noticed Mitch wasn't happy and she wrapped her arms around him. Mitch responded lovingly by hugging her back and kissing her atop her head.

"I love you, okay?" I heard him whisper.

"I love you too, Mitch."

As they tightly hugged each other, Will turned towards me and when I turned towards him, he gave me a kiss on the cheek. I blushed and Will smiled.

If only it could last.