Chapter 35: Filling Holes

*5 DAYS LATER*

Clare's POV:

"Why did mom leave us behind? Why couldn't she have stayed?" I asked quietly. Josh and I had been talking for the past few hours, trying to fill in the spaces that were abundant inside of my mind.

Josh took a deep breath before beginning, "Clare, mom knew that when you were born, neither of you would survive for long. Luke hated our mother because when mom was younger, they had fallen in love until our Dad came along. Of course, our mother and father being mates, they fell in love and Luke was left with no one. Then, when I was 10, Luke ordered our father to be killed and Luke's betas murdered our father. Mom was heartbroken and that wasn't the reaction Luke wanted, he wanted our mom to be his and only his. Mom found out she was pregnant with you a few weeks later and she knew Luke, being the crazy lunatic that he is, would kill you and her. So Mom began planning an escape and she did escape", Josh took a deep breath again, and then continued, "After a few years of hiding and being rogues, Mom knew she couldn't hide you any longer, so that night, she gave you up to Luke and ran away in fear. Before she left, she told me she would avenge our family but I guess she never made it afterwards."

Everything made sense, except for the part about her leaving me. Fear? Revenge? How could a mother leave her two children suddenly? I knew I wouldn't find out now, but I set that as a goal. Josh looked down sadly before looking into my green eyes. Josh's eyes were brown, as well as his hair.

"Okay, um...wow." I replied softly. There was so much to take in.

"I'm sorry, Clare. I did as much as possible afterwards to keep you safe but one day, they were tired of us, Luke wanted us gone, so his men took me and dumped me in the closest pack's territory. Green Orchard Pack took me in and cared for me. I wanted to go back, but I knew they would kill me, and I would be no help to you. I have no idea why they kept you. I think they just wanted to hurt you without the threat of me around. You were so vulnerable when you were a little girl, now look at you", Josh's hand lifted to my cheek, "You're so strong and the entire pack would be captured and dead without you. You're an amazing Luna and I know you're gonna beat the living shit out of anyone that stands in your way." I laughed a little at the last part, but it was true.

"Have you found your mate yet?" I asked.

"Yeah actually, she was in Cold Creek but she rejected me." Josh said.

"What? Why would she do that?"

"She said I was too ugly for her and she called me a 'twat'. I'm sort of glad that I didn't get myself into her situation because she obviously had some problems. She was stuck up and rude to everyone, I don't want to spend my life with someone like that." Josh smiled a little. "I'm happy that you found your mate though."

"Yeah, I really hope we can run this pack together."

"Sis, I know you guys will. Every time you guys look at each other it's all Tumblr and shit. I mean, it's cute or whatever but way Tumblr." Josh said and we both laughed. I guess Mitch and I looked 'Tumblr'.

"We should go back, I have a feeling Mitch is tearing the house apart looking for me." I said.

"Okay, let's go." Josh got up from the grass and we began walking back home through the woods.

A/N:

Hello, Gods and Goddesses. The photo is Josh. I hope you all are getting super excited for the fast approaching end of hell. school**

Anyways, this was just a filler chapter about Clare's past and I needed to update, so here you go. IMPORTANT NOTICE: I will be gone June 20th-27th so please don't freak out. I will write while I'm there so I can upload when I get home.

Hopefully, I'll have an update ready to go by Friday since most of us are celebrating Memorial Day weekend.

Have a fantastic night and thank you for 26K readers and 1K votes!