Chapter 9 Part 2: Sixteen & Feast

Mia's POV:

                I woke up sleepily next to Luke. I quietly pushed the covers off of me. 

I touched Luke's finger tip accidentally. It was then when I felt the electric spark. The sparks rippled through my body from the top of my head to the tips of my toes. 

I was sixteen. 

Luke's eyes fluttered open. I had always known that Luke was attractive but now as I stared at him, he looked like a god. Luke's lips upturned into a smile. Luke had felt the spark too, he knew I was sixteen. I pushed my red hair behind my shoulders and smiled back at him. He put his hand on my thigh, and I felt the sparks again. I laughed and snuggled into him. Luke's body and Mia's molded together like two puzzle pieces that went together perfectly. 

"I should go take a shower. I'll be out in 20 minutes." I smiled and got up, walking over to the bathroom. Alpha's always owned the master bedroom, ours included a full bathroom. 

Luke smirked.

"You should lock the door." Luke said.

"Oh, don't worry, I will." I laughed and turned on the water. I loved when the water was searing hot. 

I washed my hair and body and stepped out. 

"Oh my god!" I screamed. 

Luke was leaning against the bathroom wall. I was thankful for grabbing the towel before I stepped out. 

Luke smirked again, looking me up and down. 

"Luke? Can I get dressed , please?" I laughed but I was still serious. 

"Sure, go ahead." Luke crossed his arms and laughed again. 

"Privately!." I yelled. 

"Okay, okay, I'm going." Luke said and walked out. 

I got dressed and prepared myself mentally for more training. 

No one else knew what for, but I had a pretty good idea why. 

Jack's POV:

Alpha Luke is super happy today. Nothing but smiles on his face, and Mia was always by his side. I figured Mia had turned 16 and now felt the mate bond as well as Alpha Luke has for four years now. I've not found my mate yet. I'm already 18. I figure my mate and I will be united soon. 

Today, the members would run the perimeter just as they had yesterday, but instead of just running, some of the strongest, higher rank wolves would be 'ambushing and attacking' the running wolves and pups. 

I hoped it would improve their skills. Of course the pretend attackers would be ordered not to seriously hurt their own packand also to go easy on the youngest and the oldest.I gathered everyone again in the clearing.

I announced, "Today you'll be running the perimeter again. Instead of just running, you'll be faced with a challenge." I smiled.

"Some of the strongest wolves will be laced within the forest waiting for you to pass their path. Then, they will attack you just as a rogue would. Don't fear though, you of course, won't be hurt in any serious way. When faced with a "rogue", you will fight them, whoever pins for 3 seconds wins, and no running either. Little ones, you'll want to run close to your parents or friends. Everyone, keep up with the pack, don't leave anyone behind, got it?" I said.

All of the pack nodded their heads. I saw some with worry in their eyes, some with excitment. 

"I'll be running with you again as well, don't attack me, you'll regret it." I warned. 

Again, nods. 

"Shift!" I commanded. I shifted into my brown wolf as others shifted into their wolves. 

I saw mostly gray wolves, but their were a few light brown and dark brown wolves. Mia had a silver wolf, medium sized, with green eyes. 

"Start running and remember what I said." I mindlinked to the entire pack. 

I lead the pack, as we neared the first attackers, I glanced back at everyone, mostly everyone was close together, ready to fight. The pups stayed on the inside.  

Behind me, I heard a low snarl and a growl, when I turned, two wolves were brawling. The attacker had Will pinned, Will whimpered as the attacker, Drake, bit into Will's shoulder blade. Will growled and over turned Drake, pinning him to the ground. 

Will won. 

I howled and continued jogging. Will caught up to me and I took a look at his shoulder, blood matted his light gray fur in small areas. 

"Yo, go easy on these guys. This is only their second day." I mindlinked the pretend attackers. 

"Sorry, it won't happen again Jack." Drake mindlinked back respectfully. 

I continued running with Will by my side. More grunts and snarls errupted behind Will and I. Mia and a giant attacker, Liam, were fighting. Mia would most likely lose. Liam better lay off though, if Alpha Luke finds out that Mia was injured by our own pack member, he would lose it. 

"Liam easy, that's the Luna you're biting." I growled. 

"Whoa! Why didn't you tell me?!" Liam cried. 

I glanced back at Mia to see Liam on the ground, with Mia snarling down at him. She yipped happily, and sprinted forward towards Will and I. 

"Join us, Luna. Nice work back there." I congradulated her. 

"Thanks and next time, don't ask them to lay off.", she growled and raced ahead. 

I grunted. I had already upset our Luna and it wasn't even her second day. 

After we finished, 31 pack members won. I was proud of them. Alpha Luke was so happy that we threw a feast.