Chapter 45: The End

- 5 years later -

Clare's POV

"Grayson, Mommy's gonna take you to training today!" Grayson's golden eyes instantly light up as he races to the kitchen to put on his shoes, "Who's gonna be the strongest wolf in the entire pack?"

"Me, me, me!" Grayson yips in joy, "Let's go, come on Mommy!" He tugs at my hand relentlessly towards the door.

I frown knowing how much Mitch would've loved to train his son. My heart instantly aches at the thought of him not being here,

"Clare, clarify or else the damn audience is going to think he's dead!" Tris yells.

Oh, no, my Mitch isn't - I feel tears swell into my eyes just thinking about him.

He's on a hunting trip with Josh, I repeat over and over again in my head, he's with Josh. He's fine, he's - I run to the phone, dialing Mitch's number. Before Mitch even has the chance to say hello, I'm crazily calling his name, asking if he's okay.

His low voice calms my nerves, "Baby, I'm okay. Josh and I are okay. We just captured a few rogues. How are you and my boy?"

I relax, "We're okay, too. Tris got me all worked up -" I exhale slowly, "I'm sorry."

"No, love. I'm really glad you called. I was starting to miss your voice."

I feel the same butterflies I felt the first time I met Mitch.

I look down at my wrists, the scars are white and smooth with time. Even the one on my back.

I smile, looking over at my little Grayson, and all I can smell is roses and honey.