Chapter 11: The Hunt

Mitch's POV: 

I woke up, my entire body burning. Only one thing could cause this kind of pain. 

My mate was gone. 

I panicked, reaching over and grasping for the love of my life, but all my fingers caught was the comforter. I flung my own covers off of myself. I ran over to our personal bathroom. 

I knocked on the door, "Clare? Clare, baby, you in there?" I pleaded. 

No answer. 

I didn't bother to put a shirt on, I ran down the steps, gliding my hand over the railing. 

"Mom? Dad? Where's Clare? Have you seen her?" I yelled while running to the back door. 

My mom and dad yawned as they walked over to me. "Son, what's wrong?", my dad asked. 

"I can't find her, my body, it burns, she's gone." I cried, as I opened the back sliding door to the woods.

"Son, we should think about this, maybe she went for a run.", my father tried to calm me but I jerked away. 

"Dad, she's out of our territory, I can feel it. Don't you know what her old pack would do to her if they found her?" I asked, my eyes tearing. 

"You're right. Dean! Zach!", my father yelled using his Alpha tone. 

Dean and Zach, our two best betas, stumbled groggily down the stairs, "Yes, Alpha Steven?", they asked. 

"Find your future Luna, and bring her back safely, do what ever you have to do. Listen to Mitch.", my father commanded. 

"Yes, Alpha Steven." 

Dean, Zach, and I ran outside and shifted behind the trees. I brought along a shirt of Clare's, so the boys could know her smell and track her easier. I picked up her shirt with my jaws, and paced over to the betas. Dean's dark gray wolf, and Zach's brown wolf sniffed the shirt and I placed it carefully behind a tree. 

Dean, Zach, and I spread out about 30 feet apart, covering as much ground as possible. 

I wouldn't stop until I found her and saved her.