Chapter 19: First Date

Chapter 19:

Clare's POV:

I looked back at Will and smiled a sad smile, I felt bad for Will. I knew he was terrified and that he probably only meant it in a friendly way. Why would Will purposely hurt me? There is no reason. Will hasn't met his mate yet so he didn't know about the mate bond. Will's eyes were frantic but he looked down and I could tell he was still shaking. No one liked to get threatened by the alpha. Will especially didn't because he had been abandoned by his pack before.

As Mitch and I climbed the stairs, he held my small hand and I realized he was shaking too.

"Mitch", I asked, "are you okay?", we stopped on the steps and he smiled sadly at me.

"Yes, beautiful, I'm okay. Zeus still wants to tear Will apart for touching you, though. I'm just trying to calm him.", I nodded and we continued our flight of stairs.

When Mitch and I got to Mitch's room, he turned to me, "Are you hungry?", he asked curiously smiling.

"Yes. I am." I stated and smiled back.

"I think it's about time we went on a real date, Clare Silver Rose." Mitch flashed a goofy grin.

"How do you know my full name?!" I asked shocked.

"I know more about you than I know about myself, darling." Mitch brought hid hand up and caressed my cheek.

Before he kissed me, I grabbed his hand and ran downstairs to the door, while saying, "Come on! I'm hungry!" and we both laughed while we ran out the door to his rusty old truck.