Chapter 22

The girls were in Nini's room getting ready for the dance. Gina was doing her makeup, Nini was trying to pick out her outfit with the help of Kourtney, and Ashlyn was styling her hair.

"I dug my key into the side of his pretty little souped up 4 wheel drive, carved my name into his leather seatsss" they all sang together.

Nini had to admit she was nervous for tonight. She didn't know how the night would go with Nate, she wanted to tell her friends about her and Ricky tonight, and her parents were coming home.

She wasn't even sure they were okay with her going to the dance with Nate. They said they were but she couldn't exactly see their facial expressions so she couldn't tell how they really felt about it.

She really didn't care if they were okay with it or not because she was still upset with them. The fact that her father cared more about her reputation than her happiness was something that she couldn't forget.

"What about this one?" Kourt asked pulling a green dress out of Nini's closet. She bought about 5 different dresses not knowing which one she wanted to wear.

"Are you sure? I don't know if green is my color"

"I'm sure, you'll look amazing in this dress" Kourtney reassured her

"Yeah you'd look amazing in that dress Neens" Gina reassured

"Definitely" Ashlyn said glancing over at Nini

"Alright" Nini said going into the bathroom to change. She looked in the mirror adjusting the dress

She questioned whether she liked the way the dress fit or not

She questioned whether she liked the way the dress fit or not. Whether she truly looked good in the dress. She knew Ricky would be there and wanted to look her best for him even though regardless of if she wore a dress or a garbage bag Ricky would tell her she looked beautiful.

This dress was perfect for Nini. It fit her in every way and she looked stunning. She surprised herself at how good she looked in the dress.