Chapter 26

Nini walked into school the next morning along with Ashlyn, and there were multiple whispers and eyes on her.

Nini wondered what all that was about but Ashlyn had some idea of what exactly was going on. She held onto Nini's arm as they walked through the halls and met Gina and Kourtney by their lockers.

"I wonder why all these people are staring and whispering" Nini shift uncomfortably as they approached Gina and Kourt

"Wait, Nini you don't know?" Kourtney asked as if it was obvious as to why everybody was whispering, which it kinda was

"I don't know what? What's going on?"

"She doesn't know what's going on?" Kourt asked Ashlyn and Ashlyn simply shrugged

"Can someone please just tell me what's going on and why everyone is whispering about me and staring at me!"

"Nini I want you to think for a minute. You, Nini Roberts, the good girl posted yourself on a date last night. No one has ever even seen you hold a boy's hand. It's kinda a big deal when you go on a date"

"I DIDNT POST THAT ON MY PRIVATE!?!?" Nini exclaimed and all 3 girls simply shook their heads

"ALL OF THEM!?!" Nini asked and the girls nodded. Nini's heart immediately dropped. She really though she had posted them on her private story that only consisted of Ashlyn, Gina, and Kourtney. She posted a couple videos that she didn't want everyone to see.

"Look at the bright side Neens. Ricky's face wasn't showing in any of the pictures or videos you posted. Everyone is left guessing who it is.

"But what if my parents find out!? They'll stop at nothing to find out who the guy is. They didn't even know I went on a date. This is a nightmare"

"Everything will be fine Nini, maybe you can find someone to cover for you. You know, act like your fake boyfriend" Kourtney suggested

"Yeah. Maybe Nate will do it. He has curly hair similar to Ricky's plus you guys went to the dance together so it'd actually be believable" Gina chimed in

"But Nate actually likes me. I don't want to put him through that. It's like I'm leading him on"

"He'll do anything to be around you Neens". Ashlyn chuckled "and if you talk to him and let him know that it's a fake relationship you should be fine. It's worth a try" Ashlyn shrugged and Nini nodded. It was the best chance she had

"I need to talk to Ricky about it first. See where his head is at" Nini said before the first bell rang, and the girls went their separate ways heading to class.

•••

•••

"Hey" Ricky said as he entered the janitors closet and placed his lips on hers. Out of habit she wrapped her arms around his neck and he placed his hands on her waist.