Chapter 34

10 hours until showtime

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

10 hours until showtime

Nini entered her 1st period class for the first time in a few days. She wasn't thinking too much of it because she always tended to be ahead in her work anyway.

"Nice to see you today Ms.Roberts" the teacher greeted Nini and Nini offered a fake small smile as she made her way to her seat.

She tuned out most of the class due to the fact that she simply didn't want to be there. She would've ditched again but if she got one more absence they'd call home and she wasn't in the mood for another lecture from her dad.

As she thought about it, they were becoming more and more frequent as time went on, but if all started when she started dating Ricky.

Her and her dad's relationship just went downhill since then and she refused to sit around and mope about it.

"Nini, can you repeat back to me what I just said?" The teacher asked noticing that Nini wasn't paying attention

"No" Nini laughed slightly and the teacher looked at her with nothing but disappointment. Nini went from being one of her best, and alert students to barely even showing up to class and not being engaged.

"Nini please pay attention. This information is important" The teacher said before continuing the lesson.

The rest of the class period went by relatively fast. Nini packed up her things to leave the classroom before her teacher stopped her.

"Nini can I talk to you for a minute?" Nini sighed placing her book bag back down and walking over to the teachers desk.

"Nini I'm really worried about you. What happened today in class is never something I would've expected from you. One of my top students"

"Well maybe you just don't know me as well as you thought" Nini snapped back. She was tired of people's expectations of her. She just wanted to live her life

"I've taught you for the past 2 years and I've never had this kind of issue out of you. Is something going on?"

"No. Nothings going on, I don't understand the purpose of you holding me back after class"

"Nini. I just want to make sure everything is okay that's all. You've been acting different lately. You ditched my class yesterday. I saw you yesterday morning then you didn't show up to my class. I've just never seen you act like this"

"Well maybe I am different. Maybe this is actually the real me.I'm tired of being the goody two shoes of the school. I'm tired of always being expected to earn good grades. I'm tired of always being expected to see the good in people. Cause the only place that has gotten me is heartbroken" Nini said in a cold tone.

"Nini please—" the teacher started but was quickly cut off by the bell

"I gotta go" Nini said placing her book bag on her back and leaving the classroom.