Chapter 33

"Nini honey, can we talk to you for a minute?" Cece asked as Nini came down the stairs.

After Nini's friends left the previous day she started to contemplate everything she said. Being the good girl genuinely wasn't what she wanted anymore

After all, it's what got her where she is.

She knew she needed to pull herself together for her parents arrival at home though and that's exactly what she did.

"Umm sure" Nini said skeptically meeting her parents in the kitchen. Cece placed a plate in front of Nini that consisted of Pancakes, sausage, and eggs. "What's up?"

"Well you probably know by now that the video you posted went viral and got around to us. We just want to make sure that you're okay, and that Nate didn't do anything to hurt you" Cece voiced. Nini honestly forgot about her fake relationship with Nate that she put on for her parents.

She didn't see any reason to make them not like Nate. After all he didn't do anything but help her.

"Oh no, we're fine" Nini said through a fake smile "I just got an idea and ran with it. Nate didn't do anything, promise"

"Okay good, we just wanted to make sure" Cece smiled

"Are you guys gonna come to the opening night of high school musical? It's tomorrow and I've been working really hard—"

"I told you that I didn't want you in that play Nina. I'm not going to a play where you have to 'fall in love' with a boy that I don't like. Maybe next time" Nini's heart dropped hearing those words come from her father. She thought they were passed this. That she actually had his support

"But dad—"

"I'm serious Nina. You know that I love you and I support you but I just can't do it"

"Careful with the word support. Cause what you're doing right now isn't it" Nini said coldly. All she does was that her dad came to support her. After all acting was her dream, yet he was letting his personal feelings get in the way of support for her.

"Nina—"

"I've gotta get to school, I'll see you guys later"
Nini said turning around and heading to the door.

"Nini wait" Cece said and Nini stopped in her tracks

"I'll be there, and I'll be your biggest cheerleader" Cece said bringing Nini in for a hug

"Thanks mom, it's nice to know one parent supports me" Nini smiled small

•••

"How are you feeling Nini?" Kourtney asked concerned. The last time she saw her she wasn't exactly in the best condition so they were surprised to see her actually at school.

Nini sighed. She was honestly getting tired of them asking her if she was okay. It was the same answer each time.

"I told you guys yesterday that I'm fine. Can we please just drop it"

"We'll stop when you're actually honest with us about you're feelings. It's obvious that you're hurting but can't admit it" Gina said and Nini scoffed obviously offended by what she said "wait Neens I didn't mean that I just—"

"I'm outta here" Nini said before Gina could even finish what she was about to say.

As Nini was walking off she was stopped by a girl with long brunette hair. "I love your song Nini"