Chapter 36

"Alright I'm gonna talk to Nini today" Ricky paced back and forth in Ej's room. He'd given Nini as much space as he possibly could.

Everything was eating him up inside and he needed everything to be okay between them. When they were in class together she'd just ignore his existence.

Everything Ej, and Gina told him previously echoed in the back of his mind so he would fight the urge to say anything to her but today was the day he pushed all that down and finally talk to her.

"Dude. It's like 6 in the morning" Ej said barely awake to comprehend anything the curly haired boy was saying

"I know but it's time to start getting ready for school anyway. This was on my mind all night and I couldn't sleep so I just came over here"

"Alright, first of all stop pacing. It's giving me a headache" Ej said and Ricky stopped pacing taking a seat in the chair that sat in front of him "second, what exactly do you plan on saying to her?"

"I-I don't know. I just- I need to her that I love her, and that the bet didn't mean anything to me after I really got to know her. Everything after we started working on the project was real." Ricky said and his eyes widened in realization "THE PROJECT"

"What?" Ej said still half alert and sleepy eyed

"We had to write a song about love for Harris' class and we perform it today. I'm gonna change up the words. Where's your pen and paper!?" Ricky said all in one breath and Ej simply pointed to the desk where he held everything school related

Ricky rushed over to it and started to write lyrics as they naturally flowed from his brain.

•••

A/N italics= Flashback

"Alright Nina Roberts and Richard Bowen" Mr.Mazarra called out and both of them walked up nervously.

They hadn't practiced the song in a while, and didn't know how this was going to go, but here they were standing in front of the class about to perform.

Nini wrote the entire first verse herself, Ricky wrote the entire second verse himself and they wrote the chorus and the bridge together.

Nini took a breath before she pulled out her ukulele and began to play

"So much has happened think of what we've done in the time that the earth has travelled round the sun. Winter spring summer and we're back to fall. We've been together hand in hand through it all" Nini sang as she looked Ricky in the eyes as he gave her a reassuring smile.

"From the minute we kissed and my heart skipped a beat." Nini sang and a small smile crept on her face thinking about her first kiss.

You want a ride?" He asked her

"From you? No"

"Come on, get in the car. It's pretty chilly out here"

"I'll be fine"

"Nina. Get in the car" he said sternly and Nini gave in getting in the car. She had to admit that she was cold and tired of being outside

"Thanks I guess" she said and he smirked slightly.

She never took the time to notice him. How cute he actually was. How defined his curls were. How straight his teeth were. How his eyes scrunched up when he smiled.

The bad boy Ricky Bowen was actually cute.

"Do you wanna play anything on the aux?"