Chapter 3 [ EMOTIONAL]

Crystal's P.O.V.

I drove for three hours straight without stopping. I needed to use the bathroom but I was in the middle of nowhere. I parked my car on the road side and lowered down my window, I looked for a well hidden place where I could take a piss, but I was really scared to leave my car alone, I didn't know if there were thieves lurking around. So I turned off the car, took my phone, my purse and got out. I decided not to leave the car open so I locked it and set the alarm on so that if anyone tried to touch it the alarm would go off and I will be notified. I saw a thick bush and I decided to pee behind it. I looked around to see if there was anyone there, but lucky for me, no one was there. I went back into the car and just sat there. It suddenly hit me that I have no where to go to. I have absolutely no one to turn to. I have lost everything. My house, my parents, the only friend I thought I had. I have no home. He took away everything from me. Tears started to flow. I was in so much pain and I wish it was physical. He took my business from me, my happiness, my hope. If only I could have listened to all the warnings.

Two years ago if you could've told me that Xavier would even try to raise his hand at me I could've laughed at you like an insane person. If you could've approached me two years ago and tell me that he was after my parents wealth, I could've slapped you hard until you fell down. I was so blinded by love or what I thought was love that I didn't want to hear anyone talk bad about him. Now look at me. Seating in my car, crying because I have no where to go.

I hit my head three times on the steering wheel and let out a frustrated scream. I didn't hold myself back, I cried and screamed until I didn't have the voice or the tears anymore. My eyes begun to feel heavy and I was starting to get sleepy so I laid my head on the wheel and allowed the darkness to carry me along.

I heard a knock from a distance but I decided to ignore it. Then I head it again, this time round it was louder and more persistent. I opened my eyes only to realize that it was dark already. Then there was that knock again only this time, it reminded me of where I had packed my car. I started panicking. "Please God, don't let it be a thief" I said to myself as I lowered my window.

"Crystie, what are you doing here this late?" It was a man's voice, that voice, I could recognize it anywhere, any day and anytime. A smile started to show up on my face. I opened the car and got out. It was Sir Barnie Wilson. My late father's best friend and business partner. But the last time I checked he was in India with his family for his wife's cancer treatment. I got out of the car and hugged him, "Sir Barnie, when did you come back, the last time I saw you was during the funeral." I said. "I came back two months ago, I've been looking for you ever since, how have you been my dear?" He said. I just looked at him with sad eyes because I was beginning to get really emotional. I couldn't control the tears from falling. He hugged me tightly and patted my back. "Can we go to my house so that you can rest and freshen up?" He asked and I just nodded. He told me to tail him from behind because his house was just down the road.

I got in my car and started to drive when I saw him driving past me. I followed him for like half an hour until we were infront of a very large gate that was unguarded, but the gates had sensors, the gates opened after a minute or so. We drove in to a well lighted path with beautiful flowerbeds on each side. We then stopped again infront of much smaller gate that were painted maroon. Unlike the first gates, this one had guards, two of them. One guard rolled the gate and we got into the compound.

My eyes caught a very huge fountain that was sculpted in the image of a mermaid biting the neck o a man. I was intrigued. I parked my car on an open space on the parking area. When I got out, I was faced by a very big mansion, it was so beautiful outside. My thoughts were interrupted when Sir Barnie placed his hand on my lower back and started to guide me into the house. I didn't have the time to marvel on the interior of the house. He took me upstairs and opened the guestroom door for me and I got in.
"Get some rest my dear we'll talk tomorrow, have a good night" he said as he closed the door. I plugged my phone into the charger and went to bed. I said a short thank you prayer and slept.

***************************************
Please Vote on the star ⭐ down below, comment and share, also follow me please.
Thank you ❤️