Chapter 9 [ memories]

CRYSTAL'S P.O.V.

I Went into my room and locked myself in there. I knew that Xavier was responsible for the explosion. But why. What if I was the one in the house. What if those workers could've died in there. What did I ever do to this man for him to hate me to the extent of blowing up my parents house. He took everything from me. Was he not tired of hurting me? I had a lot of questions but I had no answers. Xavier was never this heartless. I can't even begin to imagine that I fell stupidly in love for such a monster.  I continued to cry and sob bitterly. This is so unfair.

                          *Flashback*
One year into our marriage, Xavier started to distance himself from me. He wakes up very early for work and comes back home very late. He doesn't call to check up on me during the day and when I call him, he doesn't answer. So today I decided to go see him in the office and maybe see if we could go out for lunch.
I went into my room and took a quick shower. I wore a mustard yellow spaghetti strapped body con dress that was knee length and it had a slit in the front that wasn't too revealing. I paired it with a royal blue denim jacket and royal blue stiletto heels. I tied my hair up in a loose ponytail and took my chanel bag. I got into my car and drove off. After forty minutes on the road, I was now entering his private parking lot. I saw his matte black Range Rover sport was still in the lot so I knew that he was definitely in the office. I walked into the front door and I immediately spotted the receptionist and the minute she recognized me she smiled. We used to be friends when I was still the CEO of the company. "Mrs Smith, it's been a while since you came here, it's good to see you." She said. " Lisa, it's good to see you too. Is Xavier in? " I asked her just to confirm. "Yes, I haven't seen him leave yet so he's still in the office" I thanked her and went into the elevator, I pressed the floor number and it led me right to his office floor. I walked up to his secretary and she sent me a death glare, I ignored it. She has never liked me but she has to accept that Xavier is my husband. "Is Xavier in?"  I asked her. She just nodded without even looking at me. I walked straight to the familiar glass doors and knocked. I waited for a minute before I heard a 'come in' and I entered. He didn't even look up to see who entered his office. "Hey hun" I said and his head shot up immediately. I could see the shock in his eyes. "What are you doing here, and why the hell are you dressed like that?" I heard him saying as he stood up from him chair. What's up with his attitude today? He didn't even greet me? "I came to see if we could maybe go out for lunch." I said. "With you dressed like that?" He said gesturing at my outfit. "There's nothing wrong with my outfit Xavier so I don't understand what you mean"  I told him. "Don't act like you don't understand what I mean, you walk up to my place of work dressed up like slut and expect me to take you out?" He spat. I wasn't expecting to hear such words coming out of his mouth. Me dressed like a slut. I raised my hand and slapped him. "How dare you say that to me" I said he didn't bother to answer he just slapped me back. I placed my right hand on my cheeks, he didn't just do that, did he. I looked at him and I couldn't even see regret in his eye. I stormed out of his office with my hand still on my cheeks. I went into the elevator and I didn't care if anyone saw me. I got into my car and drove off to my house. I locked myself in my room and cried.
I didn't know that I had fallen asleep. I got up from my bed and walked to the sitting room. I looked at the wall clock and I was surprised to see that it was already midnight. I looked around and I noticed that Xavier wasn't back yet. I went back into my room and change into my pyjamas. I decided to wait for him while I watch a Netflix movie. Four movies later and  Xavier hasn't shown up yet. I was starting to get worried. I took my phone and called him but as always, he didn't answer. I went into my room and took a shower. After I was done, I wore my baggy sweatpants and a blue hoodie and my indoors slippers. I sat down looking at the door waiting for him to come back. Time went by really fast, it was now 2pm and he hasn't called or even texted. He isn't even answering my calls. I took my phone and decided to call his best friend Mark and see if he slept at his place. "Hey mark, how are you?"  I said when he answered the phone. "Hey Crystal, am good and you?" He asked, " uh, am Okay, I wanted to know if Xavier slept at your place" I said and he immediately answered, " no I haven't seen him since last week". He said. " Oh, okay, I'll talk to you some other time, have a nice day ahead... Bye." I said and ended the call. Just then, Xavier came in through the front door. I walked up to him trying to hug him but he stopped me and walked right past me. I was really heartbroken by his recent behavior.
                       *End of flashback*

I continued to cry as I remembered that day. Now I know that Xavier has always been a heartless prick. I was just too blinded to see his true colors.

***************************************

Thank you for reading this chapter ❤️