Chapter 5 [FINALLY]

Xavier's P.O.V.

So finally Crystal is out of my way. I am now the owner of everything she had. How stupid could she have been to even think that I loved her. Today, I will celebrate alone.

I walked over to where my wine cellar is and took the most expensive wine, the Screaming Eagle. I always kept it for special occasions only. And this occasion right here, was very special. Now I get the freedom to do whatever it is that I want and with whoever I want. I poured the wine into a golden wine glass and started to sip as I enjoyed the peace and freedom.

There was a sudden movement from behind the curtains that cought my attention. I took out my gun and began to walk to that direction. There was a figure behind the curtains for sure.

"Show your self" I said as I slowly approached the curtains.

"A weak man hides behind a gun." He said.

"I said show yourself or else I will kill you" I said.

He laughed and then said, "You can't really kill what's already dead now can you?"

His statement made me stop. What was that supposed to mean? I asked myself. I was about to ask him but he beat me to it, " You know, I never really thought you had it in you. You are just like your dad Or maybe even worse."

And with that he was gone. I was left with so many questions. How the hell did he know about my dad? Who is this man??

Crystal's P.O.V

When I was finally at the cemetery gate, I stopped the car and relaxed a bit. I closed my eyes to catch a breath for a second.

When I opened my eyes and looked at the window, I saw someone's face pressed on my window. Out of instinct, I screamed but finally relaxed when I realized who was at the window. It was the old lady that was selling flowers. I quickly lowered my window and she apologized. I told her to come into the car and she did.

" I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." She said as she got into the car. "No, it's okay, my mind was really occupied that I didn't realize you were there." I told her. She gave me a warm smile, and nodded.

She looked at me for a minute like she was observing me.

"Are you okay miss, you look really tired?" She asked and I could feel the the concern and genuine care in her voice, "I am at a very bad place ma'am and I am not ready to talk about it" I told her.

"Grace, please call me Grace and it's okay if you don't want to talk about it, just take it easy on yourself, you'll be fine." She held my hand gently.

My curiosity kicked in and I just had to ask her a few questions.
"If I may ask, are you always here? And do you only depend on selling flowers? "

She smiled and said, "I live hear, if you come at any given time, you'll always find me here" she said.

"Don't you have a place to say?, please don't be offended, I'm just curious" I just couldn't stop.

She kept smiling. " I am not offended my dear, well, I actually have a son who's just about your age but he doesn't care about me. I was married to a man called Daniel, we were together for Thirty four years before he died. He was hit by a moving truck. His family took ownership of everything that he had the minute he was laid to rest. They threw me out of my house. I didn't have anywhere to go to so, I went to live with my son and one day, I overheard his wife saying that she was fed up of living with an old lady who can't do anything for herself. She told him that if I didn't leave the house, she would leave with her children. My heart broke upon hearing those words. So the next day, I called my son and told him to take me to a shelter for the old people. He agreed and he took me to the nearby shelter. I stayed there for two months until one day, he came to visit me and said that I am being a burden to him and his family and that he can't continue to pay the bills. He told me to sort myself out and that I was on my own. I felt so much pain but I had to accept my fate. So that same day I checked out of the shelter and since I had no where to go to, I came here to where my husband was buried. I slept on his grave . But when I woke up the next day, I was in a very comfortable bed. The owner of the house used to take care of the graves, he was a very old man but he had the strength and energy of a young man. He used to plant flowers in his compound, he could always sweep the cemetery roads, cut the grass that grew on the graves and so many other things. He took me in and that's how I found myself here. When he died, he made me promise that I'll take care of things the way he used to. So here I am, fulfilling his promise." She said.

This woman has been through a lot, how could her son be so heartless. The least you can do is take care of your mother. I really felt bad for her.

"You've been through so much, but you still stayed strong. You never gave up. You are a very strong woman" I told her.

She smiled and said, "you see my dear, you'll never realize how strong you are until being strong is the only option you have. I have to get back to my flowers before a thief steals them, make sure you get some rest, whatever it is that you are going through, you will be alright, put your trust in God. He'll work things out for you".

I looked at her and just nodded in response to what she said. She got out of the car and waved at me. I waved back as I drove off back to Sir Barnie's house.

*************************************
Please vote on the star ⭐ down below, comment and share.
Don't forget to follow me as well.
Thank you ❤️