Chapter 35 [MEMORIES 2]

CRYSTAL'S POV

I was having another flashback. This one was back in college. When I had just fallen in love with Xavier. Things were moving on quite well but I started to notice some awkward behavior between Xavier and Veronica. The three of us had gone out  to get some drinks in the club.

Before we had left the house, Xavier and I got into a very heated argument because of my outfit. I had decided to wear a blue strapless dress that had a thigh high slit on my right leg. I paired it up with white strap up heels and a white purse. When I went down Xavier looked me straight in the eyes and told me that I looked like a lady for the night and he wasn't going anywhere with me looking like that. I was so offended. I couldn't even believe what I was hearing.

"Crystal, you know I love. I just want protect you. You don't know the kind of men that are out there. I don't want them to look at what's mine. Now go get your ass in some pants" he kissed my forehead and shooed me off to my bedroom. At that time I saw it as him being concerned for my well being. I went into my room and took some black high waist pants and a white cropped t shirt. I decided to pair the outfit with white Air force ones. I took a black denim jacket and my white Chanel handbag and left my room.

When I walked into the living room, I noticed that Xavier looked quite uncomfortable and his lips were a little bit red and swollen and so did Veronica's. There was a certain tension in the room and I couldn't help but think that something had happened between them.

"Did I miss something?" I looked at both of them and Xavier cleared his throat.

"What do mean?" He asked looking a little bit offended with my question.

"What I mean is, did anything happen between the two of you when I was gone? The both of you look tensed and uncomfortable" 

Xavier stood up and walked to me with a stern look on his face. "What are you insinuating Crystal. Are you that jealous and insecure? I mean, I didn't know that you could stoop so low to think that I would have anything with your best friend. So you don't trust me?" 

I shook my head in disagreement. "I didn't mean it that way, I ........" He interrupted me.

"You know what, save your explanations, i don't want to hear it. I am in a good mood today and I won't let you spoil it. Give me the car keys and meet me in the car" he walked out of the house and banged the door. What the fuck was that about? I asked myself.

"I am sorry Veronica, I didn't mean it that way" she smiled and hugged me.

"It's okay, let's get in the car" she got out and I followed her behind. I was surprised when she sat on the front seat with Xavier. I wanted to argue that out but I knew that it wasn't going to end well. I sat at the back and took my phone out. They started to talk and laugh about things that I couldn't hear.  I felt like maybe Xavier was right. Maybe I am being jealous and insecure. Maybe nothing is going on between them. I'll definitely apologize to Xavier when we get to the club.

Minutes later, we were entering into the club's parking lot. Xavier took a parking ticket and I paid for it. We parked the car and got out. Xavier was completely ignoring me. When we got into the club, Veronica sat on Xavier's left side and I took a seat on his right. We ordered some shots and Veronica went to the dance floor. I tried to make conversation with Xavier but he was making it so hard for me to do that.

Xavier went to the washrooms and I was left alone at the bar. The bartender made me a cocktail on the house saying that I looked like I needed it. It was really good and he was right, I needed it. I thanked him and zoned off to my own little world of overthinking things. The shots were slowly getting to me. I was feeling a little bit tipsy. A man came and sat next to me.

"What's a beautiful lady like you doing here alone? Mind if I buy you a drink? "

I didn't even get to answer him when Xavier out of no where answered on my behalf.

"Fuck off old man, she's taken" I felt like that was really rude. The man took his drink and left us. He sat at a private booth.

"What? You wanna follow him?" I was too tipsy to respond.

"I leave your sight for a minute and you are already flirting with an old man. Are you that desperate for attention?"

I didn't let him continue, I slapped him so hard that I felt a sting on my palm. I took money from my bag and paid for the drinks. I snatched the keys from his hands and rushed out to the parking lot. I couldn't drive when I was this tipsy so I asked the bouncer outside if I could get a driver and luckily, he called up one of his friends to drive me home. I gave the guy the directions to my house and I paid him.

I fell asleep on the drive home and when we arrived, the driver woke me up. He helped me into the house and I went straight into my room. I locked it up and slept.

***************************************
Thank you for reading this chapter ❤️