Chapter 14 [UNDER ARREST]

CRYSTAL'S P.O.V.

The day has finally come to an end. I stood up from my desk and packed my laptop in by bag. I took the papers that I needed to work on at home and left the office. I walked over to where Scarlet was. She was talking to the other strippers. We said our goodbyes and I went to the exit. I got out but I was stopped by the voice of a man yelling, 'there she is, stop her before she escape.' I turned around only to see an angry looking Xavier with four police officers. Two males and two females. "Miss Crystal Danford, you are under arrest for the attempted murder of Xavier Smith, the bombing of his car and the murder of Matteo Belrose. You have the right to remain silent. If you do or say anything it will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to consult a lawyer and if you don't have one the state will provide one for you." Says a female officer with blonde hair. She cuffs my hands and directs me to where their car was. I complied. I looked over to where Xavier was standing. He had a smirk on his face. I was still in shock. I tried to process everything that just happened but I couldn't place it. Maybe they had the wrong girl. Maybe it was mistaken identity. I was quiet all the way to the station.  When we got there, a female police wrote down my full name, date of birth and my address. She then took my phone, purse and my accessories. They then proceeded to take my fingerprints and my photographs. She then asked me if I wanted to inform anyone about my arrest and I told them to contact Mr Winters, my lawyer.  I was then taken to a cell. It was dark in here and I couldn't see anything. After a few minutes, a female cop came and told me that I would be taken to the interrogation room. She handcuffed me and told me to follow her. I complied. We went into a room that was big and bright. Two cops, a male and a female were standing in the room. I went and sat down on a chair that was there. "Before you start interrogating me, just know that I won't say anything without my lawyer's presence" I said to them. "Alright, take her back to her cell." The female officer told the lady who brought me in here. The other male cop just stared at me with disgust.
After some time, I was informed that my lawyer had arrived. I was handcuffed and taken to were Mr Winters was. I sat down facing him. "Hey Crystal, how are you doing?, What happened? How did you end up in here?" Mr Winters asked with so much concern. "I was coming from work when Xavier came with the cops and arrested me for, murder, bombing Xavier's car and attempted murder of Xavier, they took me into the interrogation room and I refused to speak without your presence." I told him.  "You did good by saying that. I have already told Sir Barnie about this and he's on his way." he said. "Well, let's go in to the interrogation room" Mr Winters told the lady cop who brought me here.  When we got there, they had already placed a seat for Mr Winters. We was done and the male cop started the interrogation. "Miss Danford, where were you on 12th of May,at 5:00pm?" He asked and I tried to recall. That was yesterday, I said to myself. "I was at Mrs Wilson's house" I answered him. "Is there anyone who can confirm it?" He asked and I nodded. "Give me their names" he said sternly. "Mrs Wilson and her house help, Clara." He nodded. He then took something from the female cop standing next to him. "Do you recognize this earring?" He asked while sliding it into my direction. It was my YSL earring. But how comes they have that? "Yes, but what does this earring have to do with anything?" I asked him in confusion. "It was found in the crime scene. We also recovered your fingerprints on a box that was delivered to Mr Xavier Smith. Inside the box was the head of his mechanic, Matteo Belrose. We couldn't recover his body because it was left inside Mr Xavier's car which exploded."  He said and I was in shock. What is he talking about? Do they really think that I killed someone. "So what does that mean?" I asked him. "Well we are going to charge you with first degree murder, Attempted murder , and bombing of Xavier's car."  
I didn't know how to react.  I was still shocked by what he said. "Take her back to her cell." He ordered the female cop. ",Can I please have a word with my lawyer?" He nodded and Left.
"So what's going to happen? You've heard what he said, but I didn't do what they accused me of, this is all Xavier's doing" I released a frustrated sigh. "I know you are innocent Crystal,  You don't have anything to worry about, just leave it all to me" he held my hands to comfort me before I could respond, The female cop came and took me back to the cell. I suddenly felt dizzy. My vision became blurry and I fell down. Everything went dark. 

              VERONICA'S P.O.V.

I have been waiting for this day for so long and I can't wait to finally move in with Xavier. I know that it won't be easy but who am I. I chuckled and continued to pack my stuff. The guys who were supposed to help me with moving things have finally arrived. They took everything into their truck and we left. When I got to Xavier's house, he wasn't there so I still have enough time to settle in to my new house. I arranged my clothes in Xavier's closet. When I was done, I wore my black thong and covered myself up with a see through white robe.
I went into the kitchen to cook. I wanted to prepare a special meal for him but the only thing I could come up with was Spaghetti and meat balls.
I prepared the dinning table for him and went into the living room to watch a movie as I wait for him to arrive.
Hours later, he came home happy and drunk. I wonder what he was celebrating. I took him to the room and undressed him. I then helped him in the shower, I was actually hoping that I would have sex with him but even in his drunk state he didn't even seem interested in touching me. He went straight to bed.
I went downstairs to have some dinner. After I was done with that I went into the room and slept in Xavier's chest.
I was in deep sleep when I felt someone shaking me. I woke up to face a furious Xavier staring at me like he was going to strangle me any second now.
"What the fuck are you doing in my bed Veronica" he spat. "What are you talking about, we made love last night and you told me to sleep by your side." I answered him, "Cut the crap Veronica, you and I know that I'll never have sex with you no matter how drunk I am, So tell me what you are doing here." He sounded serious and impatient. "Well I moved in with you." He looked at me like I was insane. "What did you say?" He asked. "Don't act dumb Xavier. You can't do anything. If you try to throw me out, I'll go to the cops and tell them everything I know." I said. "And what is it that you know?" He asked. "Well I know that Crystal is innocent of all the crimes you've accused her of committing. I also know that you hired someone who looked like Crystal to appear on the CCTV footage that you plan to present in court. I also know that you killed the real criminal and placed Crystal's fingerprints and earrings in the box and I have solid evidence." He looked at me and I could tell that he was shocked. "Where did you get that information?" He said while strangling me. "If you do anything to me, my men will send the evidence to Crystal's lawyer." He released me. "so what do you want?" He asked and s smile formed on my face. "Well, I want us to get married today and make it public" I said. "You must be mad Veronica. There's no way on earth am going to marry you." I took my phone from the bedside table, "well then, if that's your final answer, let me call my boys and tell them to send the evidence" he snatched my phone from me. "I'll do it. But fist, I have to go to work. I'll call you at 2:00pm and we'll go to the attorney general's office." He then went to the bathroom. "That went well." I whispered to myself.

*************************************
Thank you for reading this chapter ❤️