Chapter 28 [BAD NEWS]

CRYSTAL'S P.O.V

Today is on Saturday and I have been looking for the girl who came to warn me about Savannah. I haven't seen her or heard from her. Sad thing is, I don't even know her name. She suddenly went missing that same day.

My thoughts were interrupted by the cell doors opening. My name was called so I knew that I was having my first visitors. I followed the warden to the visitors  hall. She led me to where a man was seated. His head was bent down and he was scrolling on his phone. When he lifted his head, I came face to face with the one and only Lorenzo Lombardi.

The richest man in Italy and also the one person my mom wanted me to get married to. He was the last person I expected to see. He hasn't changed his style. His short hair that he died blond the minute he finished highschool. The tattoos on his neck and his whole body.  His style when it comes to fashion. I have never understood him. But maybe that's because I pushed him away and shut him down the minute I learned that he's the guy my mom wanted for me.  I only knew the things that tabloid had to say about him.  I took my time to take in his outfit. He was wearing a black plain t shirt and a pair of white shorts and he was wearing black and white Nike air Jordan 1. He looked like a teenager in that outfit but his aura screamed respect and authority.

"Lorenzo? what are you doing here?" I took a seat and faced him.

He smiled. "I came to see you. How are you Crystal? Are they serving you good food? Is anyone disturbing you? Do you want me to make some calls?" I had to interrupt him.

"I am good Lorenzo. You don't have to make any calls, besides, this is prison. There is nothing like good food" I smiled and he smiled back.

"Am sorry. You don't deserve being in such a place. I am really really sorry and I promise to get you out of here?"  I nodded my head. "My lawyer is working on it"  He looked down and I knew that the next words that would come out of his mouth won't be good.

"That's part of the reason why I am here. I have tried to contact your lawyer but he can't be reached. Sir Barnie has also been looking for him but he can't find him. He's not been in his office or his house for two weeks now."

I shook my head "no maybe you guys haven't been looking at the right places. Maybe he moved and he didn't inform anyone."  He looked at me with worry.

"I know what I am talking about. The last time he was seen it was at Sir Barnie's house, and he left his house with his dad. He was seen going into his office and he left with some files. He didn't go to his house. And no one has seen him since then."

I can't believe what I am hearing. It's not possible. "But you don't have to worry. Sir Barnie and I have this under control. We will find him." He held my hands and comforted me. I nodded my head. This isn't good.

"So how's your sister? Does she still hate me? Lorenzo smiled and shook her head.

"You know that she's crazy right?" We both laughed and drifted off to lighter conversations.  Our time ended and we said our goodbyes. I was taken back to the cell. 

As I was walking back to my cell, I saw Savannah talk to someone. Her back was facing me but I couldn't see who she was talking to. I wanted to walk up to where she was but Ares called me. Today was her shift. I was glad because I didn't have to deal with Kristina's bullshit.

It was already 2:00 pm and I can finally get to see my second visitor. I was taken back to the hall. This time round it was Sir Barnie. I relaxed a bit. He got up and hugged me. The warden told him that hugging wasn't allowed. He gave her a nasty glare and sat down. I chuckled.

"How are you my dear. How have you been? How's everything going on? Is the baby okay? Are you okay?" Here goes another one with the questions.

I smiled and said"Everything is okay Sir Barnie, you don't have to worry about anything" he sighed in relief. "Oh thank God. I was really worried. Anyway. Did you get a chance to talk to Enzo?" I nodded and he continued "I don't really know what's going on but we'll get to the bottom of this. Don't worry. Just take good care of yourself and the baby and I'll handle everything. We'll get a lawyer that will fill in for Lewis before we find him."

I nodded "How's Natalie?" He smiled "she's still in India. Did you know that Leonardo was an underground boxing champion? I thought he worked in a library." He laughed and face palmed himself. His phone started ringing and he excused himself. He answered it and I could tell that it wasn't good news.  He looked into my direction and said something. He ended the call and  sat down. 

"I am afraid I have some bad news." He said. "The police found Lewis. But he was dead when they got there. He was involved in a car accident and his car exploded and he was burnt beyond recognition." No no no no. That can't be happening. That can't be happening. 

*************************************

Thanks for reading this chapter ❤️
Tell me how you like the book so far. And tell me any predictions that you have in mind.
😘❤️