Chapter 16: Unlocking

(A bit of a side story.)

Chapter 16: Unlocking

Mount Justice: 15:03EDT
3rd POV:

Kitsu leapt into the air, avoiding the birdarangs, arrows, and water attacks. She lands on the wall before she leapt again to avoid the new barrage of flying projectile, somersaulting in the air. While in mid roll, she threw a mixed handful of kunais and shurikens at the attackers.

Silently and gracefully, she lands on the ground. Removing the blindfold that hindered her vision, she saw Aqualad's water bearers on the ground a few feet from him. Artemis's bow off to the right with the owner pinned to the wall by a kunai to her glove. Lastly, Robin was completely pinned to the wall by a mix of kunais and shurikens, restricting his movements.

"How are you doing that?!" Wally questioned off to the side, next to Superboy and Miss Martian.

"That was quite impressive," Aqualad commented as he handed her back the kunai that knocked his water bearers out of his hands. She gladly accepted them.

"Consistent-hard training. I've been training for years," she commented as she helped Artemis dislodge the kunai and handing back her bow.

"But like, how are you able to do that blindfolded? It's one thing being able to hear where people are, but that was pinpoint accuracy. You don't have x-ray vision, right?" Robin asked as she helped him get unpinned from the wall.

"I do not have x-ray vision," she deadpanned. Well, not exactly. Sensing someone's life presence and seeing them through her blindfold borderlines between X-ray vision and not. Though the chakra people possessed in this world is very minuscule, she can still sense them despite that.

The team was gathered for training. Today, they were training with flying projectile, both dodging and aiming. Canary thought it would be more challenging for Kitsu to be blindfolded for the exercise as she had already displayed having the skills on the security tapes from when the team had just formed. Kitsu had no problem with that, but her team was a bit skeptical.

"That still doesn't explain how you can do that," Artemis says.

"Training," Kitsu replied back simply.

"Why are you so secretive about it?" Wally interjected.

"You got something to hide?" Superboy commented.

Kitsu shrugged. "It is what it is. It really was just training. Unlike most of you, I've been training in this line of work from the day I was born. It was a requirement for me to learn to do so for the path I must face."

The team shared a look with each other, a hint of apprehensiveness in their eyes. This did not go unnoticed by Kitsu as she sighed. She was slowly revealing more about herself each moment she spent with them. Still tight-lipped about her past, but slowly opening up.

Canary approached them from her spot of observation. "That was great work with today guys. Kitsu, impressive work with the-"

The other members tuned her out as they shared a mental conversation.

'Anyone else getting red flags?' Kid asked.

'Yeah. What do you think he meant by since he was born?' Artemis commented, shifting uncomfortably at how close this was hit home.

'What did he do before the League found him?' Superboy questioned.

'According to what Bats recorded, he was just roaming around. He went city to city helping out here and there. But he always stayed out of sight. It wasn't until Green Arrow had an accident that he revealed himself in order to save his life,' Robin inputted, trying to put Kitsu in a good light.