Chapter 37: Agenda

Chapter 37: Lost

Osaka, Japan; 16:38 GMT+9:

Osaka was a beautiful city on any normal basis, but today was not one of those days. The once busy streets were now in chaos as the citizens panicked in fear. The citizens pushed and shoved their way inland, finding refuge to higher grounds form the danger rushing in.

The warning horns blared as the water lines pulled back from the ocean as an impending tsunami grew in the distance. Mothers held their children closely as they rushed them to safer grounds while others fought for their own safety. All sense of decency flying out the window as the fight or flight response comes into play.

A lone figure stood atop of the Harukas building overlooking the city, observing the chaos.

Someone is going to get hurt in this chaos, Kitsu thought.

Let them deal with that among themselves, Kurama scoffed in her mind. We have bigger things to worry about.

Yeah, that tsunami is looking pretty big. Kitsu looked out at sea and studied the size of the wave.

I meant with the traitor still among our midst. She could feel the beast rolling his eyes at her. You can't ignore the situation forever.

Kitsu let out a sigh as she held up her hands. Let's deal with this first.

Akira...

I know. I know.

Shadow Clone Jutsu. The sky filled with puffs of smoke, halting the people from their chaos as their attention were redirected to the sky. They gawked in awe as thousands of Kitsu's rained down from the heavens before splitting off in multiple directions.

The original Kitsu remained at the top of the building and activated her hologlove. Thanks to a broadcast program the Robin had helped her install, she tapped into all of the local news feed before turning on her camera.

"Citizens of Osaka, I know this is terrifying and you are worried for your loved ones. It is easy to panic and let the fear guide our actions, but we must be brave. And if you can't for yourself, do it for the people you love. Evacuation points and medical attention will be set up in designated locations; my doppelgängers will be there to guide you. And rescue teams are already in route to help. We can do this. Help those around you and stay safe."

As she ended the broadcast, the people of below become calmer as they became inspired by the pep talk. She could hear the cheers from a distance, giving her the slightest of smiles as she was revived to hear the citizens have become more armed from the chaos.

In the city below, doppelgängers were doing all sorts of task as they helped guide people to safer areas. Some were assisting people who were in car accidents or wrecks that were issued by the initial chaos. Others had already set up a medical area to start triaging patients as they were brought into their care.

Kitsu slightly gripped her forehead from the slight headache she was getting from the multitude of task she was handling all at once.

"Kitsu, do you read me?" Her comm went off.

Kitsu shook off the pain and put a hand to her ear. "I read you. Kind of in a middle of something, Stewart-san."

"I can see that," Green Lantern responded from the other side. "We are in the process of sending reinforcements to your location."

"Negative," Kitsu immediately replied back. "To much movements on the streets to discreetly use the zeta tube, the location would become compromise."

"Then the closest ETA we have for reinforcements won't be for another 5 minutes," John huffed as he worked to move out units to her location. "And Superman is still off-world."