Chapter 28: Revival

Chapter 28: Revival

3rd POV:

Somewhere in Star City:

Roy exhaled in frustration as he exited the zeta tubes. Quickly drawing a grappling arrow, he shot it towards the roof tops. Securing the line, he launched into the darkening night. Praying that Akira was better than he had left her.

Unbeknownst to him due to his clouded mind, Canary had exited out of the tubes just as he launched into the air. Quickly and quietly, she followed close behind. Green Arrow mimicking and pursuing the two.

"Aren't we giving him space?" GA asked as he finally caught up to his partner both in and out of the suit. "You know, so he can get some 'experience' like we discussed?"

Both of them leapt of the rooftops to the next. Silently landing into a roll and hiding behind an a/c unit to be sure they aren't seen by their adoptive son. Who, by the way, was too preoccupied with his own thoughts to really notice.

"We are," she answered as she peaked over the unit. "But he was acting strange."

GA quirked an eyebrow. "How so?"

They began to parkour through the roof tops again.

"The way he reacted," she answered. "It was like he was sort of aware of the situation, but he didn't know the full story until he was told."

Green Arrow masked eyes narrowed in suspicion. "You don't think..."

"They have been pretty close," Black Canary answered, already knowing what he was guessing. "We were so caught up with trying to find her, we looked over something so simple."

The two stayed quiet as they continued to pursue the vermillion archer.

<><><><><>

Akira gasped as she was flipped around and a hand closed around her throat.

"You know you want to," her dark echo hissed. "Embrace the power. The rage. The darkness. Think of all you can accomplish."

Akira clawed against the hands in a weak attempt to fight back, but it was to no avail.

Her doppelgänger scoffed at the pathetic attempt and tossed her to the side to which Akira landed into a rolling thud.

"You are weakened by your human emotions," she scoffed. "It's no wonder everyone dies around you. You are nothing but a useless little girl."

Akira tightened her hands into a fist. "I-" A new-found energy swells into her.

She rolls to her stomach. "-am not-

She shakily pushes her self off the ground "-a little-"

Her eyes faced the sickly version of herself with piercing red hues, no longer their vibrant lavenders. "GIRL!"

She ran forward with her arm ready to be swung.

But her counterpart only sneered in satisfaction. "That's more like it," she said before mirroring her . Their fists clashing in the dark abyss.

<><><><><>

Back in Star City, a not so pleasant exchange was happening a few rooftops away from Roy's apartment.

"I can't believe you guys followed me," he fumed at his parental figures.

"We were checking up on you," Canary told him.

"Yeah," GA agreed. "You were acting a bit weird."

"Well what did you want me to be? To be go-happy rainbows?" He retorted.