Chapter 40: Visit

Chapter 40: Visit

(Wanted to have some fun, so here you go. PSA, Orin is Arthur's Atlantean name.)

Posiedonis, Atlantis; 10:00 UTC-2:

Recognize: Kitsu 21

Kitsu exited out of the Zeta tube before taking in an awed gasp of air as she absorbed in her surroundings. This was her first time visiting the underwater city, and the sight was breathtaking. She had heard stories from Arthur, who was the king of this underwater domain. And although he described it with great passion, no words could put forth with its beauty.

To adapt to this underwater world, she was geared with some stuff to be able survive these conditions. Given to her through Aqualad, she received an enchanted leotard suit that provided her with insulation to keep her warm in these deep cold depths while also giving her proficient swimming abilities thank to the attached jetpack to keep up with the speed of the underwater people. Lastly, a band that wrapped the back of her head, around her ears, and connected under her chin. The piece was enchanted to not only help her breathe with an endless supply of oxygen, but also to translate speech as the only way to communicate underwater was to speak in Atlantean. And overall, the gear was enchanted to help her withstand the pressure of the depths from the ocean.

"Kitsu," A voice greeted her. She turned to see Aquaman, his apprentice, and a woman with red hair. "Thank you for coming," the hero greeted her.

Kitsu swam towards them and stopped just in front of the group and bowed her head respectfully. "Thank you for letting me into your realm," she spoke before turning to Aqualad who swam up to her and held out his arm. She happily clasped arms with him.

"My friend, it is good to see you," he smiled down at her.

"It's been awhile," Kistu smiled. "It's beautiful down here."

"Indeed," Kaldur nodded his head. "I have been busy in fulfilling my duties by my king's side."

"And I could not have done them without you, my boy," Arthur spoke up. "And you requested a visit to harvest some deep sea plants, is that correct?"

"Yes. It's hard to come across some specific species as they do not have them in store on the surface. So it would be best to harvest them from the source and start a terrarium to replicate the conditions. This will tremendously help with the potency of some of my tonics."

Arthur nodded before looking towards the woman next to him. "This is my wife, Queen Mera. Also the headmistress of the Conservatory of Sorcery."

Akira bowed to her respectfully as well. "It is a pleasure to meet you, my lady."

"It is an honor to finally meet the miraculous healer of the surface world that my husband has told me about," Mera greeted the young girl kindly and held her hand out in greeting. "I must thank you for the amount of times you have saved my husband with your abilities. For Atlantis would be without a king to serve their people. It makes me feel safer knowing there is such a healer up there that could look after my husband. I do hope you can share some of your work for our own healers to study."

Kitsu smiled and graciously accepted her hand. "It is my duty to help all those need," she said humbly. But she noticed something.

"Yes, it would be a shameful day that I would have to step up to the throne if our king were to be hurt," a new voice spoke.

Kitsu turned to the new comer to see a man with similar features to that of Arthur's, but a color palette that differed from his own.

"Meet my younger brother, Orm," Aquaman introduced the man brightly. "My closest ally and advisor."